Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenny84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 06:38 AM
    She gets upset and we argue.
    Hi how is everyone doing?

Let me give you a brief synopsis of what's going on. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 15 months now and things are going great and they still are, but we tend to argue on average about once a week. Now this has been going on now for the last year or so, and it started about 2 months into our relationship. Now I'm not saying all the arguing is pointless because we do learn a lot about ourselves and each other from it but it has been going on for about a year now. The meaning of our fights seem to dull and it starting to get to the point where its no longer we're fighting because there are issues but because she is just so sensitive.
    Yesterday I told her that I was going on a one day trip with one of my friends because the opportunity just came, its going to be low cost and its just a mini vacation before I start work again. She later tells me she think she's upset at me because I've made empty promises to her before about things we were going to do but I didn't fulfill because of whatever reason. Then last night I placed the blame on her telling her that the reason we fight so much is because she gets upset so quickly and blows things out of proportion. I'm a very laid back person I don't take offense easily I let things go quickly and because of that sometimes I'm blunt and insensitive.
    She was really hurt by the things I said last night. She said it makes her feel like a horrible person because all the blame is on her.
    Very rarely is the blame all on one person, and the more and more I type and I think about it, the more and more that I can see that.

But her getting upset so easily does lead us into a lot of arguments, does anyone have any advice?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 06:56 AM
    A short break will be a good thing to do, not too long... My friend has been through exact the same thing as you do, they took a break about couple weeks(not seeing or talking got each other), then everything just worked fine after that. They now are planning getting married in Dec. It also depends on each case because we all know everyone is different at different things. So my advice was from someone's experience, it still depends on u. but I'd like to share it with you, hope it will help.
    Good luck:)
    StripClubDJBobbyMac Posts: 44, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Hey Kenny,
    Iwork with a lot of women and I can tell you this... Just the fact that you are asking for help is a sign that you want to keep her, so ask yourself what are the arguments fundamentally about (the topic)? She wants more time/attention - she doesn't want to share you - doesn't approve of your friends - wants to be included on your mini vacations - doesn't trust you being out with the guys- you need more peersonal space - etc.
    Then you have 2 basic lines of action-
    1. Consider and work out with each other a fair compromise that makes her feel like you do want care and need her in your life so that BOTH of you are getting what you love about each other out ofthis relationship
    -or-
    2. Examine the possability that though you are attracted to each other in some ways, your lives have different needs in MANY ways and you are forcing the 20% love to overcome the other 80% of each others life. Doesn't sound nice bu forced relationships will always cause arguments. When they start - they usually get worse with each round of fighting comes harder blows, stronger hurtful words and actions... and you know where that will go - both of you hating or hurting each other somewhere you don't want to be hurt.
    The only thing worse than NO RELATIONSHIP - is a BAD RELATIONSHIP
    With that said - I hope due to your concern that things are not there yet and you can work this whole thing out.
    My suggestion of where to start is to begin somewhere nutral and romantic. Never discuss arguments in the home - it is supposed to be your place of peace and safety - Take her out to her favorite place and start the courtship over with sincerety. Maybe where you went on your first or most favorite date.. Do something nice for her and try telling her how important it is that you both try and start over with the things that made you like each other in the first place and that from this point on... the weapons ARE LAID DOWN - the past is the pastt and doesn''t need to ruin your future - Try it out, either way you did the right thing to try and make it work! -BMAC-
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Be patient and give her more quality attention, before she asks for it, by blowing up at you.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jul 23, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Hello.

Arguments like your talking about are built up problems she has and when her cup fills up she strikes out at you. The key is to learn to talk with each other not at each other. When she has a small problem talk about it and fix it then. In time you will find that you can work out most problems without even knowing your doing it.

Good Luck
    Dennis777

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm upset! [ 17 Answers ]

This is probably going to seem to you like I am over reacting. I probably am but I can't help feelig like I do. I just rung my boyfriend to say that I would be round to see him tonight. He said he couldn't be bothered to see me as I am seeing him tommorw. He said he needs an early night even...

Very upset [ 1 Answers ]

I scan my computer for virus and there was two threats by the name of ADW_CASE.A and ADW_ZANGO.A I deleted them and then trunmy computer off and then back on and rescan it again and they were still there how do I make them go away.

We broke up because we argue [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my and my boyfriend broke up recently and I just don't understand this. We were the perfect couple and everyone said so, we were only together for a small period, 3 months but it seemed like so much longer. He's 23 and he never had a girlfriend before me so I knew I had to take it easy with...

Upset... [ 27 Answers ]

I know that Pete did not mean anything by this and he was trying to hurt me in any way but I was almost in tears last night and I just need to get this off my chest. His mate has who we spend a lot of time with went through a bad break up a couple of months ago. We have supported him as best we...

Everybody upset at me... [ 4 Answers ]

I tried to live by my own but I couldn't wasn't ready for. Now I am. Anyway. I lived for three month by myself. The people there were my friends. So I bonded more with them and I enjoyed freedom... so now sometimes on sundays I don't go to granmas or at saturdays I skip some casual joinnings with...

View more questions Search