Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 23, 2007, 04:20 AM
    5 Best movies of all time
    What are the 5 best movies you ever saw? Your 5 favourite movies, and why?

For me, it would have to be
    The Shawshank redemption- a powerful movie, with a powerful message of freedom and stuff

The Prestige- makes my head hurt, its so intricate and scary if you think about it too much

On The Beach- a movie about nuclear disaster, and the end of the human race, such a sad movie, about love, death, and false hope. Made me wish I had a little blue pill to end it all actually...

Rocky- ADRIAAAAN!! Awesome, inspiring movie. Just so awesome.

My Dog Skip- made me cry first time I saw it, when I was younger, first movie ever to make me cry, wonderful movie, about a boy, and surprise surprise, his dog.
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 23, 2007, 05:05 AM
    I love the shawshank redemption, but not mi fav.

1. Scarface- Very well planned, well thought-out movie that was way ahead of its time, it shows just what a drug dealer can go through.

2. A clockwork Orange- this movie powerfully promotes are and literature in a positive way, while still showiung the negative sides of it, it also shows how someone can learn from mistakes.

3. The devils rejects- It shows how powerful rob zombies mind can be when he is writing.

4. Children of the corn- One of stephen king's best works!

5. hostel parts I & II- Eli Roth is one of my hero's for creating the hostel series, and the cabin fever film, he is everything that a film maker should be, he makes great movies...
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:17 AM
    The sawshank redemption is brill but not my top five
    Ok these are my fav five no particular order because I'm not that decisive

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - now this is a good adaptation of a book - really kept the feel of it.
    Fight Club - nerdy I know but I ust love this movie
    Momento - freaky had to watch loads to string it all together
    Heat- reminds me of my dad. Best cinama gunfight ever- no holliwood bullets here.
    Trainspotting - d'ya ken wha' ah mean? Another great book to movie translation

Have to disagree with A Clockwork Orange - I was very dissapointed in the film- not even a tenth of the book. It wasn't violent enough and the protagonist was too old and it missed the 21st chapter which is pivitol to the story's morals.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Great movies:
    1. Of Human Bondage (the classic black and white one with Bette Davis and Leslie Howaard)
    2. The Ten Commandments
    3. Ben Hur
    4. Laurence of Arabia
    5. Rebel Without A Cause
    -

Jul 23, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Yes, I agree with that it didn'y follow the book too well, but you have to remember, when the movie was created they only had 200,000 to work with... it had to of missed a little bit, but I mean, it is very good literature, the narrator is awesome...
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Didn't know it was on such a tight budget, might cut it some slack. Didn't Burgess disown it? Or am I thinking of another film? I should watch it again really, watched it when I was 15 and I was very judgemental back then.
    -

Jul 23, 2007, 07:43 AM
    You're thinking of another film... this movie wasn't disowned...
    missa8324 Posts: 130, Reputation: 21

Jul 23, 2007, 09:20 AM
    The first 5 movies I could think of that are the best films ever! (More to follow)

1. The Neverending Story--this is my all-time favorite movie!
    2. Glory--my dad has a big passion for Civil War things, and got me to watch this movie with him. I didn't think I'd like it because it's a movie I never would've watched on my own, but it surprised me and now it's one of my favorites! The acting's incredible!
    3. What Dreams May Come--LOVED Robin Williams in this role! The plot is awesome and the special effects are amazing!
    4. Titanic--what more can I say? This was an INCREDIBLE movie to see in theatres, plus I'm a huge Leo fan! ;)
    5. The Amityville Horror (newer one)--this movie scared the crap out of me! I saw it twice in theatres thinking I wouldn't be as scared the second time, but I was MORE scared if anything! I almost left the theatre because I was crying so hard from being scared.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 23, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Here's the 5 I can think of right now.

1. The Godfather, Pt. II - I believe it was the best movie ever made.

2. Citizen Kane, don't know why I love this movie so much, but I do.

3. Finding Nemo

4. Kung Fu Hustle

5. Ikuru - best Kurosawa film ever, IMO

Hms - The Deer Hunter, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, My Fair Lady, The Departed, All About Eve, Gone With the Wind
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Argh forgot about the godfather! Good films watched them first in sweltering heat (40 degree C) suited them. *muses*
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 23, 2007, 10:30 AM
    American Film Institute
    kerristar Posts: 4, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 23, 2007, 10:51 AM
    1 independence day
    2 van helsing
    3 titanic
    4 flight plan
    5 united 93
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Okay - here are my fav's - in no particular order

Sense and Sensibility - I love Jane Austen and I think Emma Thompson did a wonderful job adapting the story.

The Empire Strikes Back - I was sooooo in love with Harrison Ford back then.

The Seven Samaurai - I saw this film and just loved it - don't know why.

The Quiet Man - John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in Ireland - what's not to love?

Gone With the Wind - like the South the movie portrayed - this film represents a Hollywood that is long gone, too.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 23, 2007, 09:49 PM
    A few there I need to watch lol... titanic was awesome
    But still
    ADRIAAAAAAAANN!
    Bekind_Rewindd Posts: 56, Reputation: 6

Jul 24, 2007, 03:11 PM
    This is hard cause I love movies so much but I did my best so
    Here's mine:

The Breakfast Club!-this movie will always hold a special place in my heart. I love the 80s nostalgia I get when I watch it.
    The Royal Tenenbaums-this movie gives off the best mixture of melancholy and happniess.
    Harold & Maude-bestttt! Like no other.
    Little Miss Sunshine-this movie makes me feel warm and fuzzy!
    Titanic-always will be on of the bests ever.
    :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 03:14 PM
    ^^ the royal Tenenbaums completely shocked me when I first watched it! Ace film.
    Bekind_Rewindd Posts: 56, Reputation: 6

Jul 24, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    ^^ the royal Tenenbaums completely shocked me when I first watched it! Ace film.

yesssssssss! I'm glad you agree and have good taste! Hehe :D
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Jul 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
    My list
    Casablanca. Inspirational movie
    Arlington Road. Great thriller with lots of twists. Great ending
    Bonfire of the Vanities.I love the portrayal of the civil right frauds.
    The Usual suspects. Same comments as Arlington Road.
    The Sixth Sense. Was a unique story that you had to watch twice to see how all the twists blended into the story that you didn't notice the first time through.

BTW 5 is to way to short a list when trying to pick out movies.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
    The whole "Saw" series-They just leave you guessing.
    Queen of the Damned-I just thought that was an awesome movie.
    Tombstone-Had all the cool guys in it.
    American History X-Has a great lesson to learn towards the end.
    The whole Hannibal Lecter series-Now who could not love good ol' Hannibal the Cannibal?
    little_old_muslim_lady Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    what are the 5 best movies you ever saw? your 5 favourite movies, and why?

for me, it would have to be
    The Shawshank redemption- a powerful movie, with a powerful message of freedom and stuff

The Prestige- makes my head hurt, its so intricate and scary if you think about it too much

On The Beach- a movie about nuclear disaster, and the end of the human race, such a sad movie, about love, death, and false hope. Made me wish i had a little blue pill to end it all actually......

Rocky- ADRIAAAAN!!!! awesome, inspiring movie. just so awesome.

My Dog Skip- made me cry first time i saw it, when i was younger, first movie ever to make me cry, wonderful movie, about a boy, and surprise surprise, his dog.
    My dog skip is on Google here: My Dog Skip

Thanks for the tip. I will watch that with my husband tonight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

12.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Smokes fom Time to Time [ 9 Answers ]

This engine apprears to start and run fine. However, from time to time it will smoke like a freight train then clear up and be find. This may occur several times in a two hour period. Any sujections on what may be the cause? Thanks for your Help!

Part Time Versus Full Time [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the line for part time employment versus full time employment in Georgia. I can't find it anywhere!

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search