Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -no name- lol Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2007, 07:22 PM
    5th grade, late assingments, math! What shuld I do?
    HI, I am sheanna and I am entering the 5th grade. Its all right you now, I know its going to be fun, but I am worried about math and my late assignments. I am not very good at getting assingnment in on time, and I totally suck at math, what shuld I do?
    Sheanna :confused:
    tkdgal Posts: 51, Reputation: 13

Aug 1, 2007, 06:57 AM
    I had the same problem when I was in fifth grade. Right now I'm about to go into tenth grade, and I've long learned my lesson.

I hated math when I was your age because I didn't get anything, so I asked my dad to check over my homework every night, and help me with the problems I didn't understand.

Turning in things on time is a part of growing up. Your school is trying to teach you responsibility, which we all have to learn at some point in time, whether it's the easy way or the hard way. First of all, be determined. If you really want good grades and want to be a good student, now is the time to start. If you're a good student in fifth grade, middle school and high school will come easy. Trust me, I know :) !

So write yourself a little note on a scrap piece of paper the moment you get an assignment, and put it someplace you know you'll look at or be before the next school day. Such as on your kitchen table at your breakfast table setting, or even set it on your cubby hole or locker to find in the morning. Eventually, you'll be so used to finding the notes, you won't need them anymore.

As for the fifth grade, I found that to be fun! You are the one who knows the school best, and you're one of the bigget kids there. All the little kids look up to YOU because they are scared. They know that you are somewhat the leader of the pack.

So relax, and just remember, everyone else in your grade is going through the same thing. So did everyone else in the world, including me :) ! Good luck!
    Crackers Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 01:20 AM
    I am a teacher and I have taught 5th grade. Its an exciting year. Yes there's lots of work, but you may find that you have more opportunities to explore into areas that you are personally interested in. It's much more grown up.
    Most students fall behind their work at some point in school, fifth grade is no different. The worse thing you can do, when you find you are behind is to try and keep it a secret from your teacher. It is your responsibility to keep track of your work. Most teachers won't run after you for every assignment, BUT if you are missing work it will most likely effect your grade. Taking to your teacher at report card time is usually too late.
    I always make extra copies of assignment for my class. Students who loose it can always ask for an extra, but once I run out, that's it. The early bird gets the worm.
    My advice is too do the best you can, no one expects any more then that. If you are truly having a hard time, then ask your teacher for a time to talk, and be honest. Your Teacher is there to help.
    ghostandufolover Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
    If your in Indiana around martinsville, your going to have a blast! Trust me. I'm in 6th grade and its awsome!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Asking your teacher for help is the best advice. Perhaps there is even a mentor/tutor available for you in math. There is a math homework website:
    QuickMath Automatic Math Solutions

Other homework help wewbsites include:
    ThinkQuest : Library
    Librarians' Internet Index
    Refdesk.com ... Reference, Facts, News ... Free and Family-friendly Resources
    American Memory from the Library of Congress - Home Page
    wonder-kitten Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by -no name- lol
    HI, i am sheanna and i am entering the 5th grade. its all right u now, i know its going to be fun, but i am worried about math and my late assignments. i am not very good at getin assingnment in on time, and i totally suck at math, what shuld i do?
    Sheanna :confused:
    Hi,

If you don't already have a planner, it would be a good idea to purchase one and write in it to keep homework straight. Keep a folder or binder (tabs can go into them to separate sections) too, if you don't have one. It also might help to do homework right when you walk into the door, to reduce your chances of forgeting.

Sincerely,
    Nicole

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I display ECU codes on a 1993 Civic (5th gen)? [ 10 Answers ]

Can't seem to find that info on the net, only up to 91 (4th gen). Thanks, Phil

Scolarship for African American 5th grader for privat school in Germany needen [ 2 Answers ]

Who can help finding scolarships for American 5th grader to register at the International School in Germany?

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

View more questions Search