Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortboxchevy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 12:24 PM
    LT 1000 Craftsman rear axle slipping out
    I have a Craftsman LT 1000 16.5hp the right rear axle keeps slipping out of the housing and then it will disengage and quit moving. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to fixing this or maybe even how to get a service manual I do not know how old it is I got it second hand.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jul 22, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shortboxchevy
    I have a Craftsman LT 1000 16.5hp the right rear axle keeps slipping out of the housing and then it will disengage and quit moving. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to fixing this or maybe even how to get a service manual I do not know how old it is I got it second hand.
    Look up your model# on the craftsman web site Welcome to the Parts Store. Look at the schematic and see what holds it in. I believe you may also purchase service manuals but the breakdowns are free.

If I remember correctly there is a snap ring and if it came off It can do some damage inside.
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help!dog Slipping Out Of Collar! [ 13 Answers ]

My pomeranian/yorkshire terrier dog - Baby (whom I rescued, as she was beaten & kept in a cage all of her life!) sometimes & somehow, slips out of the collar, & it is very frightening for me, (because 4 yrs.later, I still "work" with her 24hrs.a day, & there is a chance that at that moment she may...

Craftsman rear engine rider won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman rear engine rider that won't make a sound. When I went to start it the other day, it turned over once then it just made a "click" noise when I turned the key the next time. I has done that before and I took the battery to Sears to have it checked. Well the battery was fine and...

Craftsman Rear Wheel Drive Intermitent Engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rear wheel drive craftsman lawn mower. Only about 2 or 3 years old. The rear wheel on the right side of the mower will intermitently engage and help push the mower.I checked the inside of the wheel thinking that the gear was stripped but was not. Even put a new wheel on that side to see...

Craftsman rear engine riding mower drive belt pulley alignment [ 1 Answers ]

The drive belt that propels the machine keeps coming off the idler pulley. It appears that the idler pulley is positioned we below the other two pulleys. Is there a way to move the idler pulley up so it aligns with the others.

Craftsman 16.5 Lawn Tractor - Front Axle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Craftsman lawn tractor with a twisted front axle. Since I will need to replace this soon, I'd figure to replace the welded axle with a cast iron replacement. I called the SEARS 1-800 number to get a similar models which would be a universal cast iron axle I could order & replace. ...

View more questions Search