Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nochaseher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Craftsman 25hp tractor will not run with choke open.
    I have a Craftsman 25hp 54inch Kohler pro automatic trans tractor. It is three yrs old. Never had any problems until I went to start it the other day. I pulled the choke like I normally do to start. But when I push the choke in after a few minutes . It stalled time after time. It never did this before. I cleaner the carb. changed the plugs, changed the air and fuel filter. Still having the same problem. I did find that the seat switch is bad. I left it in the rain by accident recently. Can I get some feedback on this problem. Thanks in Advance.
    cavitywall Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nochaseher
    I have a Craftsman 25hp 54inch Kohler pro automatic trans tractor. It is three yrs old. Never had any problems until I went to start it the other day. I pulled the choke like I normally do to start. But when I push the choke in after a few minutes . It stalled time after time. It never did this before. I cleaner the carb.,changed the plugs, changed the air and fuel filter. Still having the same problem. I did find that the seat switch is bad. I left it in the rain by accident recently. Can I get some feedback on this problem. Thanks in Advance.
    You may have water in gasoline. Use a turkey baster to suck gas out, let tank get completely dry, and turn motor over with spark plug out to dry out cylinder. Plugs can also water foul and act sporadically. Good luck.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jul 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Sounds like water to me also, you can also disconect fuel line from carb and drain that way. Look into container for signs of water, it will pool up in the bottom and separate from gas.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD / ACE Tractor B&S 14.5hp 287707 Only runs with choke on [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently embarked on rebuilding a MTD / ACE lawn tractor that has been abused, it was left to sit in the woods with bad gas in it for about a year. The tractor has a Briggs 287707 14.5hp ohv engine in it and a nikki carb. After a thorough cleaning and dumping the gas in the carb...

John Deere LT 160 runs only with choke open [ 3 Answers ]

Rider mower worked OK and then I did end of season service including new spark plug, lube of mower deck, oil change and sharpening blades. It sat idle for some weeks during this and when put back together would run only if choke is semi open. Stalls when set to run position. Have drained tank and...

Craftsman 11 36 runs only on choke [ 1 Answers ]

I recently brought a riding mower Craftsman 11 36 but can only run it on choke. I cleaned the carburetor. I was going to replace the spark plug(not sure what size it takes and I can't read the number on the old plug). Any help getting this mower to run on any setting other than choke would be...

View more questions Search