Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Feeling old! Any ideas to feel young again?
    Hi! My 38th birthday is in 2 days and I feel ancient. Any quick ideas to make me feel young again!

Until very recently I always thought I looked and felt much younger than I am and about a day and a half it hit me how old I really am! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Do you have kids? If so, they can help greatly. Do stuff with them more often and/or find new things to do with them. One of my have-a-good-time-with-the-kids-and-feel-young activities is kicking around in creeks; especially ones where we can find some snakes and/or ones where the sides are steep (but not dangerously so) so we can climb them.

... just some thoughts.

Happy Birthday!
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Thank you rick, kids can help. Mine is only 4 and he is having the opposite effect on me. Playing with him lately has been making me feel old
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Hello mommy:

"feeling old! any ideas to feel young again?"

Yeah! I just pretend that I'm 38 again!

excon
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 09:02 AM
    The easiest way to feel young is to accept the fact that all of us age day by day.
    No matter how much we look after ourselves or however much we cover up the signs of ageing we still would continue to age as the days go by.
    Even the " beautiful" people we see around us will come to a time when their physical selves will age, it is the soul of the person that will go on forever.
    When each person comes to the conclusion that we will age no matter what then we will be able to enjoy the little things in life, our families,friends and the good things God has given us will mean that much more when we know that we have limited time on earth!

And 38 is not old when I consider it, old is 60 and plus... :) :)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 09:35 AM
    38 was a critical benchmark for me. Major depression. There was so much I had planned out that did not happen and I felt old, OLD. When I was 20 the saying was, "never trust anyone over 30" and yet there I was, being 38 and getting older.

So what you feel is quite normal and it does pass and you come to say to yourself that 38 is a beautiful age to be. You past the nonsense of the teen years, on stable ground (for the most part), and your focus is much better than it was in your early twenties. You have enough energy to keep up with your children (most days) and are glad you are not 50 and trying to raise a 4 year old.

I really hope you treat yourself well on your birthday. If you don't get a day at the spa that create your own spa time. Something special that you just do not give to yourself any other day. Find something to do for yourself for your own well being. Maybe take a class for fun. Wrap yourself in an uplifting book. Valerie Bell has a wonderful book out called, "A Well-Tended Soul", and a quote from her book is, ""Today is more than the present. It is the time to fit our souls for heaven, to learn to love, to close the gaps in our souls with spiritual integrity, to deepen and strengthen. . . . It is also time to laugh."

We often forget that - the time to laugh. We get caught up in children and work and home and husband and family and friends and and... you know how it goes. I think that is what really makes us feel old.

You are not old yet. Trust me. Hope your birthday is one of the greatest days you can have. Blessings to you!
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 10:19 AM
    My sister in law is kind of throwing me a birthday party today. Kind of being that it is her hubby's b-day as well. Hopefully it will go well.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 22, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Age is simply a state of mind and I don't mind what state I'm in ;)

Relax it's only a number after all.
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Thank you all. I'm starting to feel better already
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 10:36 AM
    I got scared when I turned 29. Oh my! The next year I would be 30. That's OLD!!

I had my second baby six months before I turned 30, so the kids kept me busy and preoccupied for a few years. Once they were in school, I got a part-time job to be able to talk with adults again. The part-time job turned into a full-time one. By age 43, I found myself in graduate school.

Now I'm... well, I guess I'll tell you... I'm over 60. I still work at that full-time job I had started back in the 1980s and am still loving every minute of it. I am told by coworkers I am a walking workplace history book, am the go-to experienced person, plus I have wisdom oozing out of every pore. (You will too.) My kids are respectable adults with good jobs, but aren't married. That means I have no grandchildren to make me feel old when they call me "Gramma".

Getting old is OK. I like it so far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It doesn't feel right nor does it feel the same no more [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have been going out since June 2 2007. Before when he asked me to be his girlfriend he use to talk to me more on msn and use to care a lot. But now its like everything is going wrong I got really mad at him. I am not sure if how I'm acting is the way a good girlfreind should be...

I Am so Young, but I feel I need to lose weight, I'm 14 ! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I need some advice on specific excersises that I can do,I feel that my thighs have gotten so big, and I've heard from so many people that I have big legs for such a tiny person, I've heard that you can't spot treat, AND that I'm so young and I can't do any thing about it, but I need to IF some...

Got any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a dance song, a pretty recent song I think also... would probably hear it in night clubs a lot and the radio maybe. All I remember from this song is a lot of ''na's'' Such as , na nananana na nananana.. could you please help me out?

How young is too young when it comes to your virginity? [ 41 Answers ]

This girl who's interested in me recently told me that she lost hers at 14.The legal age here is 16.Im not sure whether to be put off by this because it seems a bit young. She said she's never had sex after that but that's not the point.woulnt care if she's a virgin or not but not sure if I should...

Need your ideas [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just wondering what your ideas are of what a normal, healthy relationship is? What are the "rules" when arguing or just dealing with each other? What is absolutely off-limits? Thank you so much for any input you might offer.:)

View more questions Search