Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhhai Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2005, 11:43 PM
    Meaning of phrase "in-house vendor" ?
    Hi all,

I noticed the following phrase on some newspaper: "in-house vendor".
    I'm not an English, and I have look for these words in the dictionary. The dictionaries tell me that
    "in-house" means make by ourselves
    Vendor means someone who selling something
    But, what is the whole phrase "in-houe vendor" means ?

Thank you

Hai Ly
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2005, 04:21 AM
    In-House Vendor
    Hi,
    This is a vendor, such as a company who supplies software for computers, who have signed a contract with a larger company. This smaller vendor then becomes an "in-house" vendor for that larger company.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2005, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lhhai
    Hi all,

I noticed the following phrase on some newspaper: "in-house vendor".
    I'm not an English, and I have look for these words in the dictionary. The dictionaries tell me that
    "in-house" means make by ourselves
    vendor means someone who selling something
    But, what is the whole phrase "in-houe vendor" means ?

Thank you

Hai Ly
    A vendor will sign a contract with a company to provide goods and services to a discount, often a steep discount. The company then dictates or suggests that all goods and services of the type provided by this vendor be purchased from this specific vendor. The vendor then becomes an "in-house vendor".

For example, my company has a contract with Officemax to provide office supplies. We pay 40% or less of the catalog price for those supplies. All ordering of such supplies is required to go through Officemax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Meaning of "MXVII" in Cube 2 Hypercube [ 4 Answers ]

So I know that in Roman Numerals it stands for 1017. The numeral appears multiple times throughout the movie but there is never any clear indication of it's significance. I am not sure but it might have something to do with 60659 wich was another number central to the plot. Any thoughts?

"House Bills" [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone point me to a good reference about what "House Bills" really are? I recently heard of a woman who sued Walmart for not allowing her to breastfeed while in the store. Apparently she made her case to the right person (Congressman?) as she was saying that there's a "House Bill" in her...

View more questions Search