Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradraymun Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Cannot delete a file: Access Denied
    When I am trying to delete a pdf file I am getting a message as

" Cannot delete the file : Access denied " Make sure the disk is not write protected.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 12:40 AM
    The first thing that I would do is shut the machine down, start it again, and then see what happens when you try to delete the file.

I am not an expert on these things, but I do have some experience with having the same problem. So, shutting down and restarting and trying to delete again is the first thing that I would do.

I don't know what operating system that you are running, but if you are running Windows on a Microsoft computer, another thing that you might try, is going into Safe Mode and doing the same thing. That is, trying to delete the file.
    bradraymun Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 04:27 AM
    Well the Operating system I am using is winxp and also the file is in the server and the drive is mapped onto my computer. I have checked all the rights and it seem to be OK and I have write access to that folder. And one more thing I am able to delete another pdf file form the same folder where I have the access denied file. So I guess the problem is with the file itself. So any suggestions on the same??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Msconfig access denied [ 4 Answers ]

When I go into msconfig and go to start up, whenever I attempt to change something I get access denied "log in as administrator" I am logged in a administrator. I am running a Dell Dimension XPS 600 with XPmedia edition. Any help will be welcome. Lou

Access Denied to folder... [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone help me? A while ago my computer had some problem, so I had to reinstall windows. When I got it all set up again, I noticed that some of my old documents had been saved from the previous installation. But now I cannot access the folder that these documents are in. When I try to...

Access Denied Error [ 10 Answers ]

Problem: Can not access data on a Hard Drive which came from another (now discarded) PC. The HD won't boot by itself (has XP Pro installed which I think is corrupted ). I have the HD mounted as a 2nd HD in a new (XP Pro) computer. The HD is visible as D: and I can see all the directories, but...

Access is denied ? [ 2 Answers ]

There is still a problem when I want to access to my ibm computer through my emachine PC I can access it easily but when try to access my emachine through ibm it says emachine is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server to...

View more questions Search