Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rhythm121 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 07:47 PM
    What do I do.
    My parents are divorced, and have been for years. I would switch houses every half week, and I hate it. Its been going off since the divorce, and I would rather stay at one house, and that house would be my moms. For reasons such as more free, and at my dads my stepmom really can be a some times. When I tried telling my dad that, the look on his face made me change his mind, because I know how much he cares, so this makes it almost impossible for me to tell him.

So my basic question is, I want to move into my moms, but it's too hard to tell my dad. I know everyone's answer is going to be sit and talk with him and suck it up, but he will just then talk me out of it, with reasons that are predictable.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 22, 2007, 08:33 AM
    If he tries to talk you out of it he has no respect or trust for you. He needs to grow up.
    Talk to your mom and see how it goes from there.
    Kitschxbang Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2007, 03:59 AM
    While I kind of agree with Skrypt, I think what you need to do is sit down with your parents, both of them, and calmly explain why you feel you would like to move in with your mom. Try saying how you feel in a manner such as, "Since the divorce it has been very difficult for me, living at one house or the other. I really think it would be best for me to stay in one home from now on, and I would like to stay with my mom..." you could add to your dad that you feel more comfortable at your moms place, but make sure he knows that you still love him and respect him AND want to see him, but you need a permanent place to rest your head.
    The only other thing is stick to your guns. Discuss it with your mother first, make sure that she is aware of the fact that you want to live with her. Don't let your dad try to sway your decision - stay firm but gentle. Explain that this is what you feel would be best for you at this time. I've had some experience trying to tell my dad I didn't want to live with him, I can only say I hope this works for you and you find a resonable and comfortable solution. Good luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search