Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matrix231 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Credit card judgment
    My bank account was frozen needless to say there was a judgment against me from an old credit card dept the collection agency claims that was my account ,I filed an order to show cause emedeitly and my court date is up soon.but I really don't know if the account is mine,can I ask for validation of the account they claim is mine at the court date?and what might or could happen when you file an order to show cause for a debt they claim I owe?is there a chance that the jugd could release my account?
    Taukame Posts: 92, Reputation: 26

Jul 22, 2007, 01:03 AM
    I went through the same thing in January. I explained to the lawyer that I did not think that this was my debt and asked if he could show me proof. He told that to the judge, and the judge gave us a new court date. I had to go to court three times. The last time the lawyer didn't show up, so it was dismissed. I didn't file anything before I showed up, just told them that I didn't believe that it was my debt. I don't know if that makes a difference. I got some very good information from the people here. If you check my posts you'll see what they told me to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card judgment agaist me [ 3 Answers ]

I don't understand how a $300.00 credit card became over the limit of up to 2,000 this includes all interest from 6 years ago.I got sued and a jugdment was entered against me and I didn't find out until I went to withdraw money from my account .this collection agency claims that they mailed me and...

Credit card debt judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued by a credit card companyand I plan to let then have a judgment by default. I am to appear in 10 days to answer, but do not plan to do so. When my husband died, I was willed his interest in property owned by his family. I transferred ownership of my ineterest in the family...

Credit Card - 1993 Judgment vacated - now what? [ 3 Answers ]

Mel S. Harris and Associates and collection agency/law firm sent me letter in '05 saying I owed $11k to them for an outstanding credit card judgment from 1993. I know nothing about either the cc or the judgment. I sent them a certified letter asked for proof this account was mine and who they are...

Judgment possibilities on credit card debt? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I lost my job several years ago, had some medical issues and stopped making my credit card payments and have not as yet been able to catch up on my debts. I am being sued by a credit card company for $1400 not a lot of money, but much more than I have. I have a summons to appear in court...

Credit Card Judgment following Charge-Off [ 0 Answers ]

If a credit company has "Charged-Off" a balance as reflected on a credit bureau report, Does this imply that they will not be seeking a judgment? Will I receive WRITTEN documentation in the event a judgment is filed? It is my understanding that under Texas law a credit card company cannot...

View more questions Search