Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LawLover Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2005, 08:25 AM
    Confused
    :confused: Well, my boss told me that Iwas suspended for a stpid web site posting, well, that's not the issue, but yeah, I'm suspended from work. He went on vacation out of town, that is unfair, because to get off suspension I need to bring my father to see him. He said anytime... is this against any laws, or is there ANYTHING I can do in the mean time? :confused:
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2005, 06:43 PM
    You should include more information in your question as there are a lot of details that you've left out, First of all, what does your father have to do with anything if you're the employee? You talk vaguely about a "web site posting", but then go on to say "that's not the issue." Did you post something on the Internet or visit a forbidden site? Specifically, did you post something that could potentially compromise the integrity of the business you work for? Did you do this on your own time or on company time? Your best bet might be for you (not your father) to approach your boss and in a non-angry, non-accusing matter-of-fact manner discuss with him any misunderstandings that might have occurred between the two of you that led to this situation. Then ask your boss to reinstate you. As far as legalities go, it's pretty hard to substantiate anything unless you're under contract and the suspension violates the terms of your contract. If you feel that you're being discriminated against, then you might have a case if you're part of a protected class and if your company is subject to fair hiring practices. Consult an attorney for more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search