Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hallid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 04:07 PM
    John Deere L110 Starts/ Will not move
    My four year old John Deere had a flat tire. Jacked it up under the tranny housing fixed tire and put all back, now tractor starts fine, runs fine, but will not move forward of back. Has an automatic transmission, was running fine before tire change now doesn't move. It is not the brake and it is not the disengage handle in back - already checked those. Anyone have a clue?

hallid
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Look on the rear of unit at right side. There is a gold rod there. It is a tow valve rod. Be sure it is pushed in. But I'm guessing when you removed the rear wheel you dropped the key the locks the wheel to the axel shaft. Without it in wheels will not turn.Jackit back up and turn one wheel. Does the other side turn. If not the key (a small flat piece if metal) is missing.Look at the wheel and the axel shaft for a groove.They must line up and the lock key goes between them to lock together.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jul 24, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Good answer, should be as esquire stated

Don
    Jim Kisatsky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2014, 02:05 PM
    Hi

I am having the same problem indicated above. While I was mulching leaves last fall the unit stopped and would not move forward or backwards.

I have checked the belt and it seems to be OK. A little loose and I am not sure if that is how it is suppose to be. I have checked the gold rod as indicated and there are three of them and all are pushed in. The unit starts right up but when put into gear does not move.

Any ideas?

Thanks and I truly appreciate your help.
    Jim
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 18, 2014, 03:17 PM
    Jim, this thread is from 2007. Posters are long gone. Have a second person look under your mower between the cutting deck and the engine. You should see the belts and pull back on the transaxle. When you let out the clutch that second person can look to see if the pulley on the trans is turning. Back to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L110 Starting Problem [ 16 Answers ]

The mower will start, but it takes a while. When I turn the key it will just make a clicking sound or the starter will try to engage but doesn't seem to have enough power to turn the flywheel. I replaced the starter thinking that is the problem. The battery was replaced less than a year ago. The...

John Deere L110 Carburetor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 that's about 3 years old and it does not want to run it has little or no power and back fires a lot when it finally does start. I have tried the kohler carburetor rebuild kit with no luck

John Deere L110 Starts Will Not Move [ 2 Answers ]

My L110 starts but will move neither forward or reverse. I've check the free-wheeling gear (OK) and the brake lock (OK). Still will not start. I was attempting to drive up a steep incline (about 20% grade) with a flat rear tire. After spinning for a while, I shut it down. Now after replacing the...

John Deere L110 mower blown up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. We have a John Deere riding mower, a L110, with a Kohler motor. It's had light use the last 3 1/2 years, now the motor seized up. No oil leaks, oil changed regularly, never ran out. We have no idea why it blew. Now we have to decide whether to repair it, or replace it. A new short block...

John Deere L110 Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deere L110 that I purchased used about 2 months ago. I have a snow blade attachment with it and was using it. I do not have the chains and weights for this yet. My problem is I was pushing the snow and my wheels kept spinning. So I got off the mower and pulled the mower...

View more questions Search