Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjsellinger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Belt replacment Craftsman LT 2000
    Can anyone tell me how to replace the belt on this lawn tractor
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jul 22, 2007, 06:23 PM
    The diagrahms are sometimes located under the belly of the mower or under the foot rests.

Don
    katyjo13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsellinger
    Can anyone tell me how to replace the belt on this lawn tractor
    Hi,
    We just replaced one yesterday. We did it wrong the first time and had to buy another one.
    Our lawn mower has a diagram on the deck that shows the correct way to place the belt. The book says you should remove the mower from the tractor first, but my husband would not do it that way. Make sure the belt is inside all of the belt guides and under the wire that is attached to the handle that engages the cutter. We got it replaced and were able to mow, but the belt still seems to be loose. I mowed half the yard and hit something and bent the blade, so then we had to replace it too. Good luck!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 10:39 AM
    You have several belts on a LT2000. Which one are you replacing; engine to trans, engine to deck or deck blade belt. Each belt will have a spring loaded tensioner that needs to be retracted by hand. Lower your deck all the way to the ground to get room to work. Push in the clutch/brake to replace the engine to trans belt.
    jjsellinger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 07:54 PM
    It's the deck to blade belt... it is too loose... I can't configure it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 09:52 PM
    If you have three blades you'll find 5 pulleys on the deck. One for each blade, a stationary pulley and a spring loaded tensioner. Lower the deck and disengage the blade belt and peel it off. Now you can get to the deck belt. Retract the tensioner all the way, have a friend pull on the spring loaded pulley. This gives you enough room to pry off the belt from one of the blade pulleys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears/Craftsman V-Belt applications [ 5 Answers ]

I was given an assortment of new, in the package V-Belts for Sears/Craftsman tractors. Is there a reference available some place to tell what tractors these belts will fit? They have the part #'s on them but the Sears site has nothing on them that I can find. Bonnie

Drive belt on craftsman lt2000 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I put the belt back on? Took out the battery and holder to get to pulley, have clutch disengaged (locked) and cannot get enough slack to put belt on?

Craftsman lawnmower deck belt removal [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the deck belt on my 15.5 craftsman lawnmower?

Craftsman transmission or belt? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Craftsman hydrostatic DGT 6000 with 32 hours on it. All the maintenance has been done to date for reference. For some reason after about 15 minutes of use the tractor won't move if you stop. Even if you push the hydro control all the way forward to top speed it won't move. In fact you...

View more questions Search