Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penguingurl01s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Young and in love
    :confused: OK I am 16 and I have been sexualy active with an older man I don't want to tell enyone cause he is (alot) older is it illegle for us to be together if we both want to?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 21, 2007, 10:31 AM
    It depends on where you are and what his age is.

Age of consent is different everywhere.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 21, 2007, 01:36 PM
    There is a big difference in being sexually attracted and in love with someone.
    Identify which is it first. Although you can be in love AND sexually attracted at the same time, but if it is with a way older man than its less likely (not impossible though.)
    Once you've come to an honest self-thought out decision you can choose.

1) If you love him, Move On, and forget about it. Hard but bluntly put, it is the only way. You are living in an era because of the age difference making it infinitesimal.

2) If you're sexually attracted only than it's something else. Nothing serious and nothing special. So nothing is going to happen.

Good luck.
    Expert

Jul 21, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Skrypt, please read again. She is sexually ACTIVE with the older man. Which means that it may be illegal in her location.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 21, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Whoops, I got to clean my screen.
    Expert

Jul 21, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Okay you are 16, you are from Kentucky if I am correct. The age of consent in Kentucky is 16. So you are not doing anything illegal.

However, it would be interesting to know how old he is. He may just be looking for fresh young meat and there is no love involved on his part.
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jul 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
    If your 16 and this man is over I don't know 26 or almost 30 than I believe this man is discusting and you should be sexually active with someone around your age [but still don't be a slut] , if this man is much older I think he's a pervert and has a sick mind and you should get out of that mouse trap now before he does something truly bad to you.
    Kitschxbang Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2007, 03:43 AM
    I think love can be found between all ages, races, religions etc - what you need to do is suss out whether you love him and he loves you or whether it is just a sexual thing. If it is a sexual thing, it may be best to discontinue the relationship you have with him, as was mentioned above, it probably won't ever be anything more.
    The other thing to consider is even if it is legal in your area, how will your parents and peers react to the news that you are sleeping with an older man? Quite often it is only a matter of time before someone discovers these things.
    Just be careful, think it through, and don't let yourself get hurt.
    Good luck hun. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

How young is too young when it comes to your virginity? [ 41 Answers ]

This girl who's interested in me recently told me that she lost hers at 14.The legal age here is 16.Im not sure whether to be put off by this because it seems a bit young. She said she's never had sex after that but that's not the point.woulnt care if she's a virgin or not but not sure if I should...

Young and in love [ 13 Answers ]

Okay, for starters, I just want to say that I'm sick and tired of people looking down on people who marry young. I turned 20 in March, and I would have gotten married 4 years ago if I had met my fiancé then. From the beginning, no one believed us when we said we were going to get married, not even...

Young love [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... I'm new here. My story is long and filled with a bunch of High School drama but as of now I'm ontop of the world with the girl of my dreams. Me and my best friend started hanging out with this girl that was an ex of our other friend and we both started to like her after being...

To young to love [ 8 Answers ]

Are you ever to young to fall in love?

View more questions Search