Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shewhohelps Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Labor Law in New Hampshire, Salaried vs Hourly
    My question is: If an employer put someone on salary,(supervisor/manager), can that position be taken away from him/her for no reason given?
    Can a salaried person have his salaried position taken away and put on hourly wages if he/she has had that salaried position for more than 2 years?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Hello helper:

Without a union or employment contract, every one of us works "at will". That's a legal term meaning you can be fired at any time and for any reason unless you are a member of a protected class of people, like certain ethnic groups, older people, etc. Supervisor/manager's are NOT one of those protected classes.

Therefore, it stands to reason, that if they can fire you for no reason whatsoever, they can certainly change your employment status for no reason whatsoever.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 06:45 PM
    In the absence of a formal, binding contract that stipulates otherwise, yes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Of course, and a hourly person can have their pay rate or benefits changed at any time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Labor law in pa [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if a 17 year old can be hired to be a grounds keeper at a business. He will be running lawn tractors/weed eaters/and snow plows

Labor Law [ 1 Answers ]

What are some advantages and disadvantages to join a union?

I am salaried [ 2 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee, which has worked for a compamy for 6 months. I work 45 hours a week and I do not get overtime or holiday pay. Is that legal?

New Hampshire Child Custody Law [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if my daughter of 11 years old can live with me in the state of Florida after the state of New Hampshire 7 years ago gave my ex-husband Physical Custody of her. She has made it VERY clear to him and I that she does NOT want to live with him after him burning the house down...

View more questions Search