Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khushhali101 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 21, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Private data
    Hi,
    How can I create a password on my folder to save my private data by others. My data size is 2GB. My younger brother usually destroy my private data. I have windows XP.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2007, 06:35 AM
    You need to create user accounts on the PC, then allow your brother only a user not an admin. Then you're my Documents folder and subfolders will be inaccessible from him.

If you can't do that, then get a flash drive and put the files you want to keep private on it.
    -

Jul 21, 2007, 06:45 AM
    What is flash drive? Is it software? Please I can not purchase any hardware device because of lack of money. Give me other way from software.

Jul 21, 2007, 06:51 AM
    A Flash drive (also called a thumb drive or USB drive) is basically a memory chip with a USB connection. It inserts into a USB port on your PC and can be used as removeable storage. They aren't very expensive.

Another way with software is to use Winzip and put a password on the zip file.
    -

Jul 21, 2007, 07:00 AM
    No... I have no money.please give me other way to give a password on my folder... is this possible or not...

Jul 21, 2007, 07:13 AM
    I don't know of any freeware to do it. Try right clicking the folder, selecting Properties, then Security.
    s47hbk Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
    You can password protect a document inside of the folder by going to tools, protection, or protect document. You enter a password and no one can access or change the information without it. Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Private [ 1 Answers ]

Can an anonymous e'amil be traced back to the sender if you use hotmail or Yahoo or some place like that?

Private Caller [ 8 Answers ]

I get a private caller on my cell phone. I want to know his name and number... is there anyway I can find out other then going to the police? I called T-mobile they said they see the same thing as me unknown number and there is nothing they can do.

Private in data in internet café [ 5 Answers ]

I use internet in an internet café. Everybody must download to the same folder and it is not secure to place my data there. What I must do to make my data secure. Is there any kind of software that ask for password when we want to view a folder that do not require administrator right to install...

View more questions Search