Ask
    santanu22nov Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 03:09 AM
    Cu wire specification
    I want to know about the Cu wire specification for insulation & size
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Be more specific, use more words to describe the information you are seeking.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Go to a place such as Lowe's, and there are dozens of sizes and types types of building wire. Then you have automotive, high voltage, magnet, telecommunication, mining cable, etc. The conductor itself is either pure copper or copper with a coating of tin. Aluminum is used too. There are specifications for the diameter of solid wire. It also comes stranded, 7, 19, or more strands. I couldn't begin to say how many different types of insulation there are. When I managed a vinyl compounding plant, we produced a couple dozen different compounds although some of them were for molding connectors and the outer jacket of cables. Then there is rubber, polyethylene, CPE, semi conductive PE, cross linked PE, nylon, etc. So tkrussel is right, we need more details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard wire 3 wire to 4 wire 220 service [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hard wire my 3 wire (red,blk & bare copper wires) 220vac cooktop to the 4 wire (black/white stripe,black/red stripe, blk/blk & bare alum wires) in the house supply j-box ?

Hard wire 3 wire to 4 wire 220 service [ 2 Answers ]

How do I hard wire my 3 wire (red,blk & bare copper wires) 220vac cooktop to the 4 wire (black/white stripe,black/red stripe, blk/blk & bare alum wires) in the house supply j-box ?

Electrical specification. [ 5 Answers ]

Can 20 Amp. Ciruit Breaker Support 1 Hp 115 Volt Single Phase Motor?

3-wire home, 3-wire fan, 2-wire remote [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, My home is 3-wire. I bought a Hunter ceiling fan (model 23811). The fan came with a remote assy. That I do NOT want to use... The fan has standard 3-wire connections (black, white, blk&white strip, ground). The remote receiver home-side wiring looks to be for 2-wire (blk and white)....

Software requirement specification [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one help me in doing my project which involves a registration module and my sir is behind me to complete it in I hardly know any thing about programmin . So can someone please please please... Help me.:(

View more questions Search