Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yambiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2005, 09:33 PM
    Problem with IP routing table!
    My IPGateway is NSG4000 (made in Taiwan), in its static routing table I want to assign IP 0.0.0.0 and Subnet mask 0.0.0.0. But I don't know why it can't assign that IP and SM :confused: .
    Are there any other way to assign IP and SM 0.0.0.0? Please help me!
    Thanks!
    Aquatarkus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2005, 07:42 PM
    Not familiar with that brand, but some routers, often older ones don't like
    All zero's as a subnet mask. Maybe try 255.255.255.255

Also a route of 0.0.0.0 may be viewed by your router as the equivalent to the "Default Gateway". If you configured a default gateway, maybe the router won't allow all zeros as a static route. Try removing the default gateway address and then re-entering the all zeros static route.
    Maybe your router doesn't allow you to have both configured.

Also confirm that you can ping the "next hop" address you are assigning.
    If the "next hop" address is not a valid address or reachable, some routers
    Won't display the static route at all in the routing table, and considers it invalid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice needed on sizing/routing PEX lines [ 10 Answers ]

I am beginning to replace the 53 year old copper lines in my house with PEX as I am building a bathroom in the basement. I want to put in a manifold to separate some of the lines and give a central location for shutoff controls. Running individual lines to every fixture could be a bit expensive...

How do I sharpen table saw blade [ 19 Answers ]

Can someone explain how to sharpen carbide tipped 10" table saw blades? I have a grinder and a Dremel tool, and I would like to sharpen my blade myself. Please indicate if there is an angle to the tips, just the outer edge sharpened? Please tell me step by step. Thanks.

Air Hockey Table... [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website I could go to to order an Air Hockey Table. Preferably in the Dallas, Tx area, bt ne place would work

Plumbing Re-routing [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I've embarked on a renovation project which consists of knocking down a non-load-bearing wall to combine an existing (2-piece) ensuite with a walk-in closet. Our objective is to use the additional space to expand the existing ensuite bathroom, most notably add a walk-in shower. This expanded...

Div Vs Table [ 3 Answers ]

Just a quick question. I've seen a few pages on the internet about using DIV tags instead of tables. Could someone just quickly tell me what's the best to use? I could imagine DIV tags would provide you more control via CSS, but I can also see that they would be a pain in the ass to use. ...

View more questions Search