Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2003, 06:24 PM
    Network problem
    “PLS. HELP” I have a small business, and I run a DOS based program. (POS) on my computer. I added an additional computer so that the user can access customer's invoices, change parts on the invoice and update customer's data. The computer I added has windows98. The new computer cannot seem to access the DOS based program even after I have shared the entire drive, mapped the drive on the computer that's running the DOS program. The computer that is running the DOS based program has windows 98. How can the new computer access the other computer's hard drive data in its entirity? What can I do, or how do I network so that the new computer can access the POS DOS program while at the same time I'm using the other computer? :-X
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2003, 09:52 AM
    network problem
    You really need to talk to the vendor of the program. It may not be networkable or you may need to load the client software on the other machine.

Hope this helps,
    Scott u

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network problem between 2 PC [ 3 Answers ]

To all, I have two PC, now I had link together to share a file.(did't using any router or hub between this two PC , just using network cable"workgroup"). One PC have dial up modem(call A pc) and another no modem, just only lan(call B pc). Now I want using B PC to connect to internet, it is...

Problem with network [ 32 Answers ]

Hi I recently brought a wireless network and I am sharing internet via it, but I want to also share files. Can anyone help me because I seem to have file and printer sharing enabled, but how do I actually see the files from the other comptuer on my computer? What exactaly do I have to do any help...

Network printer share problem [ 1 Answers ]

This is my problem. Have a win NT 4.0 network. Working on migrating windows 2003 server network. Have upgraded 2 computer workstations from win 98 to XP pro. Everything went fine. One machine that was upgraded to XP uses a dos based program installed on the NT server which is shared. It is ACCPAC...

Xp network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to setup a home network. I have done everything I no how but the status says "Limited or No connectivity" I could use any help anyone could give me. Thanks

View more questions Search