Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizanbrian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 02:49 PM
    My fridge does not get cold
    My kenmore side by side fridge won't get cold. The freezer has some ice built up on the back wal and keeps things cold as if they were in the fridge side. The fridge side doesn't keep anything cold at all. What could this problem be?
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

Jul 20, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Oh yes! We had this problem. The first time we called a repairman and he was able to fix it. The second time we did it ourselves since my husband watched! IF you can take the front panel off the face of the fridge ( the bottom screen like thing) there is a place that you can turn down the temperature I think to the left, but anyway you turn it until you don't hear it running. YOu can take everything out of the freezer and use a hairdryer on the back of the freezer ( inside where you feel the ice behind it) keep thawing it out until you don't feel anything. Then you can turn up the thermostat again and it should start circulating the air back to the refrigerator side. Ours seems to do it when we have too much in the freezer. Seems that it freezes it up and then the air can't circulate to the other side. Hope this works for you. We have done it many times and it save us $$$$.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Fridge does not dispense cold water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE fridge (model GSH25JFRE) and the water from the dispenser will not get very cold. It is basically the same temperature as the water from the tap. I put a glass of water in the fridge overnight and checked the temperature against the temperature of the water out of the dispenser and...

Dripping Fridge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE refrigerator with freezer on top, bought in 1998. There is water dripping from the top of the fridge. From reading other messages, I understand that there is probably something clogged/frozen. Is there anything I can do without taking everything out of my refrigerator and/or freezer? Or...

Fridge on too long [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a used house that came with a Maytag fridge. The fridge seems to stay on far too long. I have turned the setting dial to mid-way (5 of 10), but it still stays on far too long compared to other fridges I've had. What could be the reason? What can I do to fix? Thanks!

View more questions Search