Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Blower motor relay
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey1105
    hi u seem to know lots so maybe u can answer my question. How exactly does a coil relay work in a blower motor
    Often very poorly. Relays are full employment devices for techs. Likewise the larger ones referred to as contactors.

You have a coil of wire with a piece of iron inside. When you apply the control voltage to the coil, it pulls the iron in, and the contacts on it close the circuit with the fixed contacts. Power then flows from the line terminal to the load terminal and on to the blower motor. Usually the relay is on a control board. That way you can pay $300 for a new poard to replace a $1 relay.

There are other good people here. The safest thing is to post questions to the forum where somebody else will point out any bad answers. Site policy discourages asking and answering questions by PM or email.

Another good source of answers is the sticky at the top of the forum. Northern Heat did a great job putting it together.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Motor Relay [ 1 Answers ]

All I want to know is how does a blower motor relay switch work. I have a wiring diagram for a 1005 GMC Sierra and when on hi spped the connetion only goes from one side of the motor to a blower motor relay switch and I need to know how this is suppose to work . So basically all I am asking is how...

Wiring for motor relay in AC [ 10 Answers ]

We have a Rheem gas furnace/central AC system. The blower motor went out. We finally found a new one. However... I was stupid and did not draw the wiring diagram when I disconnected the old one. Now I can't seem to figure out how to rewire everything. There is a relay switch on the side...

Blower Motor Relay Failing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Lennox Pulse furnace that is approximately 16 years old with central A/C. Last summer the blower motor stopped running while using air conditioner. Determined that the blower relay was bad, replaced and it ran fine through to this summer season. Again the blower relay contacts failed,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.