Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godpoet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Will I ever get over the lost of my husband
    My husband was murdered last year and I still feel the same way as before even though it will be a year in a few days. Will I ever get over this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard losing a loved one can be.

Now, have you joined a grief support group? Gone to counseling? These would be very good avenues to explore since your grief has lasted longer than 6 months.

You may never get "over" it, but with time you will learn to accept that he is gone.

Death is a terrible thing for the living, but your case is so much more sensitive and counseling should be an option for you.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 12:44 PM
    There are many stages in grief and some of us go through them rather swiftly and some of us don't. Like J said, you may never what you call "get over it" but acceptance will come if you allow it. Joining a support group would be tons of help. It's important for you to make your life happy again. Have you ever taken a look at Maslow's Hierarchy of needs? In order to be truly happy you must be content in all stages. This helps me relocate through tough times... maybe you can find some piece within it. Check out this site. http://www.businessballs.com/maslowh...hyofneeds5.pdf
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 6, 2007, 06:17 AM
    I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. :( I'm sure as with anything, time will help you heal. You'll never ever forget what happened but hopefully things will get easier with each passing day.

Consider looking in your area for widow support groups. I think you'd be surprised that they are full of young and old alike. Sometimes its as simple as finding others in your situation and getting together once a week to play cards and have some fun.

Good luck and many prayers to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost my beloved husband! [ 15 Answers ]

I lost the most important person in my life that took me so long to find and now he is gone. It has only been 7 months but it feels for ever to me. I just don't think I will ever get over losing him. I know it takes along time for the greiving process that is since I am an old hand at this. ...

Husband has lost sexual interest in me [ 11 Answers ]

I am having a really difficult problem in my marriage right now, and it is causing me a great deal of anguish. I'm at a loss here and I have no idea what to do. I have been married for seven months, but my husband and I dated for four years prior to our wedding. In that time, we had a fantastic...

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

For my husband [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know how to start. Do I just say I hate myself. I am a young mother of 2. I've been married for 1 1/2 and my insecurities are going to ruin us. I can't watch a movie without starting an argument with my husband. Its so sad. I'm not over weight. I'm actually pretty petite. It's having to...

About my husband [ 5 Answers ]

My husband says no for every thing.I asked his to take to the movie he says no.I asked him to take me to fun park.he says no.I wanted to join gym he says no.I wanted to go to US from company for that also he says no.I don't no what wrong with him.I think he doesn't love me any more.its just 5 month...

View more questions Search