Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linnmb1833 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Deceased brothers girlfriend refuses to move
    My now deceased brothers girlfriend moved into my mothers house with him while he was still living. He passed away and since then my mother has passed away leaving the house to me and my siblings. We have requested that the girlfriend leave but she continues to stay. What can we do?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jul 19, 2007, 06:42 PM
    You could simply ask and if she complies, then seeing an attorney would become unnecessary. Otherwise, I believe you need to consult an atty to assure that you evict her according to law if that is what you wish. You didn't say but you might be willing to rent the home to her.
    dreemr57 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2007, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnmb1833
    My now deceased brothers girlfriend moved into my mothers house with him while he was still living. He passed away and since then my mother has passed away leaving the house to me and my siblings. We have requested that the girlfriend leave but she continues to stay. What can we do?
    Depending on what state.. look up the statues.. -- in most cases you will have to give her a 30 day notice or a 60 day notice to vacate.. does she pay rent? Even if she doesn't pay rent.. you will need to start proceedings with this form 1st.. its probably going to be a 60 day notice to vacate for you, sounds like she's been there a while.. if she won't leave after the 60 days.. you have to file in court a unlawful detainer form.. there's court costs on this one.. but.. as soon as the judge grants you what you want.. I think its going to be worth it. Because right now.. she's using your home, utilities, etc etc, and taking up space. Also last suggestion. . Use a professional eviction company to help you with the steps.. that will cost you.. but if you don't know what your doing.. it can backfirel in my case.. I got a restraining order on my son, and used a professional eviction company for his girlfriend. -- I got the girlfriend out, after giving her the 60 day notice she got scared ( I'm assuming) now, I'm just waiting on my sons court date.. he's been removed by the police dept because I got the restraining order for violence on me. Hopefully the judge will rule in my favor.. I do own the house.. search the web..
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants to move away [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 8 years. I am 30 and she is 27. We have both been very happy until just recently when she has been acting a little funny. She said the other day "is this it?" meaning is this our lives now, is this what we do for the rest of our lives? This puzzled me as nothing...

First two deceased brothers of Delta Sigma Pi [ 3 Answers ]

Who were the first two decease brothers of Delta Sigma Pi?

Sibling refuses to move from/sell home parent left to all 4 siblings [ 2 Answers ]

My mother passed away 6 years ago and willed the family home to her 4 children equally. Three of us have our own homes but brother, never married, has lived most of his 58 years in that home. He does not want to sell and continues to live there (a duplex, 6 rooms each side). He uses one side for...

I've terminated a lease but roommate refuses to move out [ 2 Answers ]

I have a roommate which I've given a 30 day notice in writing to terminate the lease agreement (I've posted on the door and had a witness sign it who viewed me posting it to the front of the door since the roommate and I don't get along and my fiancé an I want to live alone and start a family. ...

Brothers... [ 28 Answers ]

OK, so I have 5 brothers all very different characters. The oldest Martin, is 35yrs - outgoing, but also laid back, a good sense of humoursettle with kids and we get on well. Darren is about 33yrs very quiet and has a shy factor, but has a great sense of humour, happilt married with children...

View more questions Search