Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystaljayne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Post-depo provera
    I was recently due for my last shot and instead of getting it my Dr suggested I try the IUD. Since I had had 3 shots (with no period for 10 months) it was a very painful attempt and I did not get the IUD. Now I am 2-3 weeks overdue for a shot and have had unprotected sex. I was wondering when a period would return and if I am at risk for pregnancy. I was spotting a brownish discharge and now it is mucousy, also I keep having a bit of abdominal cramping... very slight cramping though. Could I be pregnant?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 05:41 PM
    It all depends on your body, every woman is different. For some women (like me) it could take as little as a month for the shot to wear off, and for others, it could take up to a year to 2 years.

Yes, you are at risk for pregnancy. Even while taking birth control regularly, you are always at risk for pregnancy. No birth control is 100% effective.

A brownish discharge usually means old blood. Is it a really deep, dark brown? Your body might be finally trying to have a period, which would account for the cramping :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo provera shots [ 2 Answers ]

I just started on the birth control shots and I be drinking and smoking and I would just like to know if this will interfere with the birth control?

Getting period after Depo Provera [ 2 Answers ]

I am 38 years old and I have been off the Depo Provera since June 2006. I was on it for 5 years. I got my period in August 2006 and have had one every month since then. They are fairly regular, yet sometimes, the run 28 days, other times 32. One month I was 10 days late, but for the most part,...

Depo provera shot [ 1 Answers ]

HI I took my first depo shot on Jan 19 and my next one is due April 12 but I don't want to take it anymore because I get excessive bledding I've been on my period for ten days already, the first time I got my period for only 12 days but that was because I went to the doctor and he gave me...

Post Depo Provera [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I looked through the other posts and nothing really answered my question. I was on Depo Provera from September 2005 through May 2006. Since the time I left Depo this past May, I've had a brown discharge. The discharge has been consistent throughout these past three or so months, and I've had to...

Depo Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the Depo shot for a little over a year. I was put on it to try and stop abnormal bleeding. I have recently read on many sites that you should not even take depo if you have unknown bleeding. anyways, i always had abnormal periods and when i was on the shot i didnt get my period at all. ...

View more questions Search