Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerianne26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Can the depo shot caue pre menopause
    I have been on the depo shot and wondering if it can cause pre menopause and also cause a person go fertile non depo shot state permantly :confused:
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 04:41 PM
    I don't know about it causeing pre-menopause, but I am fully aware of the ways it can mess with women's bodies. Many women find it very difficult to conceive after coming off the shot, and others have no problem. I personally had such a bad hormonal reaction that I suffered from occular migraines and lost vision. They took me off and I bled for months. Now, I am unable to go on any form of hormonal birth control. A lot of doctors aren't making women fully aware of the risks associated with this form of BC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

I started the depo shot on April 11, 2007 and it have been 3 months later, and I am still bleedingfrom the shot. The bleeding don't be heavy like a period . I want to know how long does the bleeding last and will it ever stop.

Depo shot [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on and off the depo shot for the last 2 years. I am 34 years old and we really want to get pregnant. I know age has a factor along with being on the shot. I am going to see the ob Dr. Is there anything you can take to speed up the process?:confused: :confused:

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long do you have too be off the shot before you try too get pregnant?

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

I need help what's the side effects of getting off the depo shot I've been on it for 6 months and never got back on it but I haven't got my period since is this bad and plus my breast has been hurting a swelling is this part of the symptoms of getting off it so soon. I got off the depo shot because...

Pre-Menopause: What to Say to Her [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in a stable relationship for the last 6 years, my girlfriend is 40, I'm 38. She appears to be entering a pre-menopausal state where her periods become irregular and she has erratic mood shifts and loss of sex drive. Naturally enough it is dominating her mind now, she fears losing her...

View more questions Search