Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willie5marquetta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Starting a business
    I have some money to start a business and I want to know what are the first steps I need to take?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Do you know what kind of business you want to start?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2007, 09:30 PM
    I agree that it would help in providing an answer for you if you would let us know what kind of business it is that you are wanting to start.
    adeena Posts: 19, Reputation: 6

Jul 20, 2007, 04:39 PM
    No matter what type of business you're interested in starting, you should write a business plan. This is where to start. There are many, many good books out there on how to do this (everything from "Business Plans for Dummies" to more specialized plans for different industries). The business plan will take you through all the key pieces of information you should have and know before starting your business - projecting income and expenses, evaluating competition, etc.

Years before I opened up my retail business, I knew I wanted to be in business for myself. Every time I came up with a new business idea, I would start writing the plan. If I couldn't get the plan to come together, that told me it wasn't the right business plan for me. The plan for my current business is the one that came together and it's been just about 5 years since we opened the doors. :)

Hope this helps!

-Adeena

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a business [ 2 Answers ]

When starting a business what are the neccesities needed to start with a trucking company

Starting up in business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi please could you give me advice as to where I start , in starting my own cleaning firm. Where to go?any grants available etc thank you very much

Starting a business [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in starting a business.. I need to know what are the things that I have to have by law before I do any work... can you help..

View more questions Search