Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orangeknight Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Ear issues
    I have had problems with my ears for almost 10 years now- I get a white discharge, sometimes more liquid than others, and sometimes they stink pretty bad. The inside of my ears itch unbearably at times. I have been to two different ENT doctors. The first thought it was a yeast infection, and gave me the same drug treatment as a woman would get for a yeast infection. This corrected problem for awhile, but it came back. Second ENT said it was a form of eczema, and gave me a cream to put inside of my ears. This helped the itching, but I still get the white discharge. I want to be back to normal again, with regular ear wax, and non itching ears. I have even tried putting vinegar in my ears for 15 minutes at a time ( a remedy I saw for curing yeast infections, and return ear to proper acidity), but this isn't completely working either. HELP!:eek:
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Jul 20, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Do you listen to in-ear headphones, or wear a hearing-aid? These are known to cause yeast infections in the ear canal.

There doesn't appear to be much out there concerning human ear yeast infections. However, rinsing the ear with baking soda, seems to be a common remedy for animals. Good Luck.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Someone I know had ear discharge for a long time and later he had to have an operation of his ear as it seems this discharge effected the inside of the ear...

Better to have a second and third opinion, no harm in knowing and I would advise against trying out home remedies without medical help as it may lead to more problems than cures especially ears being sensitive.

http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/otitisexterna.html
    http://www.entkent.com/glue-ear-grom...enoidsmod.html

Hope the links are helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear popped and now I can't hear out of my ear at all [ 7 Answers ]

I was wresteling with my kids and husband and we fell to the ground and I popped my ear pretty good and it started hurting went to the beach and got some salt water in my left ear and it was pretty excruating I had to get out of the ocean I went to sleep and when I woke up I couldn't hear out of my...

What is this behind my ear? [ 2 Answers ]

I have this behind my left ear, is this a Seborrheic Keratosis? I have tried all types of creams including topical steroids, it wouldn't go away but it just became smaller though but there's a crust on it. Appreciate some help here. Just curious to know what it is and how to treat it. It's not...

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

View more questions Search