Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Jul 19, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Making Image for T-Shirt Silk SCreening
    Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can be guided in the right direction here. I am trying to make some t-shirts for my race team. To avoid set-up fees and save some money, I was going to try and do the art work myself. So... I want to take a image and basically do a sketch or a basic outline of the image so I can just get a one color ( say white) on a darker t-shirt.. (say blue. ) I have photo shop and photo impact, but I'm not sure what I shoud do. If anyone has a idea, or suggestion I would love to hear about it. Thanks!
    daisymactx Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Jul 20, 2007, 01:32 PM
    The first thing you need to do is contact the company that will be doing the silk-screening. The can tell you what format you need to supply them with. If you have photoshop you could probably save the file as an eps or tiff and that would work, but every silk screen shop has their own requirements. Be sure that your image is a solid color. If you have any shading you will run into trouble doing a screen that will work.

You will still need to pay some set-up fee because they have to burn a screen for you in order to produce the t-shirt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning silk flowers [ 2 Answers ]

How do you clean silk flowers with something you make at home? I have purchased the products commercially but would prefer to make something at home. Spraying water on them does not clean them or make them shine... thanks. P

Acrylic vs. Silk nails [ 9 Answers ]

I am considering fake nails, but know nothing about them. What is the difference between acrylic, silk or gell set? Do they damage real nails? Which is the least damaging? I want a french manicure and understand that certain types of artificial nails have the polish in/on them and do not chip. ...

Screening/evaluation for 4 year old son [ 4 Answers ]

This is a screening/evaluation for intervention and special education. What does OT/PT/OH stand for? I googled it, but got nothing of use. Thanks if anyone knows.

Prenatal screening tests, what all do they do? [ 8 Answers ]

I have an appointment tomorrow for a screening test (just want to make sure everything is okay) and I have no idea what they are going to do. I know they are going to draw some blood and do an ultrasound, but what else? I'm a little nervous:o...

Tenant Screening [ 1 Answers ]

We are getting prepared to offer our condo for rent. I see that many LLs charge $30 for a credit check along with their tenant applications. Do most use an on-line tenant screening service? I’m dizzy from looking at all the agency offerings! At a minimum they supply a credit report. Prices increase...

View more questions Search