Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    random Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2003, 04:26 PM
    Winxp network wizard
    I need some help

I used the xp network wizard to make a network in the office I work in. I started the network so that two people could share printers. I created a network setup disk and installed that on a laptop using windows ME. Everything was OK but when I try to view the computers on the network it stops responding. Sometimes when I just click on the network places icon it stops responding. Could it be that the network disk only works for computers running xp?
    Any help is appreciated
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 11, 2003, 01:54 PM
    winxp network wizard
    Make sure you are using netBeui protocol on all machines.
    random Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2003, 10:57 AM
    winxp network wizard
    Ok... after a little research I found out about the netBeui protocol. I put all the computers in the same workgroup but it doesn't give me an error when I try to browse the network, it just stops responding all together. I'm going to install the netBeui protocol with some good results hopefully.
    KENG Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2004, 08:17 PM
    I have a similar problem to Random.
    I am linking (peer to peer) some W98 machines and an XP machine. The W98 machines communicate to each other well, but the XP machine only communicates sometimes.The XP machine seems to lack netBUEI protocol, and Microsoft family logon, even after installing all the networking tools off the XP Home CD. :(
    If anyone can tell me how to find and install netBUEI and Microsoft family logon, in XP, it would be appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Winxp pro [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: after being infected by trojan "download trojan". My display property "desktop" function is being disable. It only show the message "spyware infection" when I wanted to change the background of my display from the desktop function I just cannot change the browse function is disable. I had...

Winxp  admin and log on problems(network) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm back again. This is my prblem, I'm running 2 winxp Pc's in a home network which worked fine with 98se. I know XP is supposed to setup your network on the fly as setup, which it did but now I've swiched 1 PC to xp also(2xp pc's) I can see my daughters machine and access files load and so-on,...

Accessibility wizard [ 1 Answers ]

When trying to download some things I get the warning "cannot load file trouble with opening accessibilty wizard" What does this mean and how can I fix it? Thank you Jeanie

WinXP Pro vs WinXP Pro [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a used PC that is running WinXP Pro as the operating system. As I later discovered this version is not a registered copy and I'm therefore unable to download any updates from Microsoft. I would like to install a new update version of WinXP Home over this XP Pro copy. Can it be...

View more questions Search