Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2005, 12:44 AM
    Internet TV How to pitch?
    I am in the process of putting on shows on the internet.What is the best way to pitch ads for internet TV? Thanks Fred
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jul 20, 2005, 12:41 PM
    Hello,

I think you may be extremely interested in viewing my site. I run an Internet TV and radio station... look at www.wzartv.com and ask me what you want to know... maybe we can even become affiliates.

Zach

Jul 20, 2005, 12:42 PM
    Oh yeah... the advertising thing... you should know that I offer very cheap advertising options, too!
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2005, 04:28 AM
    Internet Shows
    Hi Zach, I love your network. We in New York plan to do 3 shows this Aug 2005. The subjects sports,internet and Art New York. We want to know what you feel may be the best low cost way to broadcast over the internet. When we pitch our shows we need to know how much it will cost to broadcast them.At this time it would seem we could give the shows to you to broadcast on your network at no cost and share ad money. I have not talked with my team about this.I do think our goal will be to obtain all the viewers we can. Hope you can help us on the broadcast cost question. Thanks Fred P.S Do you plan on buying old show to broadcast on your network?

Jul 22, 2005, 06:44 AM
    Hello,

I am very glad you like our network. We have worked very hard to get it where it is today... not to mention this week (remodeling the whole site).

Streaming:
    We broadcast the live feed from the studio using a company called Streamguys ( www.streamguys.com ). They are inexpensive compared to most other streaming companies. Right now, we broadcast at 80k, but depending on what you are going for and the max amount of viewers (which Streamguys counts) it may cost you a bit of a bundle, but it is still much cheaper than most other companies. If you go their website, they have a price calculator so you can decide what you would like and see the estimated price if you choose to go with them.

Encoding:
    I don't know if you know this end of it, but when being sreamed over the Internet (live), it needs to be encoded from a computer to the server. We encode in Realplayer format, so we use Realproducer. As long as you have that software, and a high-speed Internet connection, the server company will help you set it up to work correctly.

Video Transfer To Computer:
    For the video to be transferred into the computer, you need either a video capture card or some other form of video capture and Realproducer will work with that.

Broadcasting Equipment:
    To run video into the computer, of course you will need something to play the video, such as a VCR or DVD player. That is a simple way of doing it, but of course here at the station we used much more advanced technology that is not necessarily needed unless doing full time broadcasting like us.

OK - I really expanded on that because I'm not sure how much you know about the subject of Internet broadcasting. Of course, in the instructions above, there are many variations, (ex.: instead of broadcasting in Real Format, you can broadcasting in Windows Meda Format).

We would love to feature your shows after review at our station. If you talk this over with your team and they approve, you can give us a phone call if you are interested or send me an e-mail - [email protected] and we can try our best to arrange what we can. Running shows on WZAR Internet TV is extremely low cost, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

To answer your questions, we do plan on buying some old TV programs and movies that will be low cost, but we have not had the chance to really look into it. Do you know any good places to do that?

Thanks very much for taking interest, I hope the above helps out. If you need to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask here or e-mail. Thank-you.

Zach

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet bug [ 4 Answers ]

My internet stops working every so often. Can't find the site. When I go to earthlink.net it works and then the other sites work, really weird. Any Ideas?

LAN to LAN via Internet... [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, First hope that I'm not causing heaache for you... If not please continue... I'm building up another Domain(no forests and no trees), that domain will be in another location. So I'll have two local area networks, where each of them is in a totally different and distant...

Shower making high pitch whistling noise [ 4 Answers ]

My shower makes a high pitched whistling noise. This doesn't happen all of the time, and seems to be more pronounced when changing the temperature from hot to cold. It may come and go, or may make the noise during the duration of the shower. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Any help would...

Pitch [ 3 Answers ]

Where does the pitch come from as mentioned in Noah's time? :)

Fast-pitch softball leagues in NC? [ 0 Answers ]

Are there any fast-pitch softball leagues in NC?

View more questions Search