Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr_X Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2005, 05:06 PM
    Will therapy help me?
    I have been with my girl for 7 months she told me the other day that she wants to spend the rest of her life with me. She is 25 and I am 20 before she met me she slept with my friend it did'nt affect me at first until I started to love her she told me that she he was ugly but she slept with him because she was lonely not only once but twice! This bothered me.she told me he was ugly but he played hard to get hmmmm. If an ugly girl played hard to get with me I would tell her to walk her a** home! every time I get over it the thought of her chasing an ugly guy comes into my head and drives me f***in crazy I love this girl a lot she says that if I really loved her I would forgive her but everyone knows it is easier to say than do I want to be with this girl and this is the only thing stoping me from a happy life I have 8 free sessions of therapy from my insurance will this help me ?
    artistall Posts: 88, Reputation: 5

Jul 20, 2005, 06:23 AM
    Look Deeper!
    The therapy sessions you mentioned without a doubt will help you. However, considering the nature of your problem I wouldn't say that it would be in your best interest to use your sessions. Something more severe in nature may arise creating emotional havoc at which time you may regret spending your therapy time. Take a deeper look into yourself to detemine your ability to forgive and to forget! If you cannot move on and grow from this experience then it will come up later during an argument perhaps. You're resentment will surface and subsequently cause further turmoil in the relationship. The world is full of people trying to cope with emotional baggage due to a miriad of bad choices from cheating spouses to money scams. There are no guarantees that the choices we make will turn out to be the best ones. We must learn from our experiences whether good or bad and use them to better our future. So take a deeper look at the situation, you may discover something new about yourself! If it is only 7 months that you both are together then I would also suggest giving the relationship more time to develop. Castles made of sand wash into the sea! I hope things work out for you if you love her! Good Luck!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2005, 06:34 AM
    Get Help
    Hi,
    YES, IF you want help, the therapy sessions will help you.
    They will help you understand that at 20 yrs old, the LAST thing you should be thinking about is marriage!!
    Do you have an education? College? Do you have a good paying job? Are you ready to commit your life to another person through marriage?
    At 20 yrs old, your whole life is ahead of you, and don't throw it away by getting married now. Of all marriages in this great land, 50% fail!
    Your chances at a good marriage are much lower than that, at your age.
    Get help.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    mosesgt Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Mar 28, 2007, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_X
    i have been with my girl for 7 months she told me the other day that she wants to spend the rest of her life with me. she is 25 and i am 20 before she met me she slept with my friend it did'nt affect me at first untill i started to love her she told me that she he was ugly but she slept with him because she was lonely not only once but twice! this bothered me.she told me he was ugly but he played hard to get hmmmm. if an ugly girl played hard to get with me i would tell her to walk her a** home! every time i get over it the thought of her chasing an ugly guy comes into my head and drives me f***in crazy i love this girl alot she says that if i really loved her i would forgive her but everyone knows it is easier to say than do i want to be with this girl and this is the only thing stoping me from a happy life i have 8 free sessions of therapy from my insurance will this help me ?
    mr_X
    Use your sessions now or forever hold your regret!
    This is a good example of why every major religion for at least the last 5,000 years has said to save sex for marriage- but what did they know?
    Pax Christi
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Use your therapy sessions; you may find out that pursuing this relationship is not really what you want to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone had vision therapy? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone! I was recently diagnosed with Strabismus. I can't remember the last time that I did not see double. The doctor that I have been seeing said that my case was more severe than what he has ever seen in the past. A little over 2 weeks ago I started to do the home...

Shark Therapy [ 1 Answers ]

Have any of you guys heard of this? My teeth are in bad shape and I'm scared sihtless of the dentist. I know something has to be done so I'm seriously looking into this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Statin Therapy [ 2 Answers ]

Does statin therapy cause weight gain

Craniosacral Therapy [ 1 Answers ]

I am requesting anyone with information on a Craniosacral Therapist in Brisbane Australia, it would be greatly appreciated. I am lead to believe it will help out tremendously for migraine sufferers. We are willing to give all therapies a try to help with the suffering. Thank you. Rebecca.

View more questions Search