Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotcakesnsyrup Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2007, 06:29 PM
    After surgery
    I got one simple, quick question: COuld a persons attitude change drastically after a surgery?

My boyfriend has a surgery about a week ago, and his attitude/personality or what have you, has completely changed, like completely. He was always a smart a**, you know constantly making smart remarks, and could never actually have a serious conversation without throwing a smart remark, but ever since after his surgery, he seems more... I don't know, more "serious", since after the surgery, not one smart a** comment has come out of him or nothing, wondering if this was norm.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 01:32 AM
    Maybe having a surgery made him think more about how precious life really is and maybe he would rather not make wisecrack remarks as he is deeply thinking what it really means to be well and healthy!!

He maybe appreciating life more than he did before, as some people need things like this to make them see what living really means.
    It takes us to almost to lose something to realise how precious it is... maybe he realised this and is changing his attitude too.

Regards:)
    caimin74 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2009, 08:45 PM

It could be that the medication he is on for pain (if he is taking any), keeps him mellow, plus it takes a couple of weeks for the effects of anesthesia to completely get out of your system, so that could also be keeping him mellow. Hope if you like his new personality, it works to your benefit, but if not, after all the meds/anesthesia wear off, he'll be back to his old self. Sincerely, ML RN
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 25, 2009, 09:00 PM
    2 1/2 year old thread closed. Please check the dates of the thread prior to answering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Orthopedic surgery [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to become an orthopedic surgeon. I want to know how many years of school. What are some good colleges? And what are some good places to intern at?:confused:

Uvula surgery [ 2 Answers ]

My son who is now 5 yrs old was born with a double uvula. (uvula is the small fleshy thing that hangs at the back of the throat). His double uvula doesn't cause him any problems, he eat well, sleeps well and besides a very active child. The only problem is that some people say his has nasal speech,...

NO to Surgery! [ 2 Answers ]

I am a black female with horrible stretch marks on my hips. I am very young so I love the low rise jeans, but I can not wear them because of my problem areas. I went to a dermatologist and he suggested plastic surgery, I have seen creams that reduce the appearance of strech marks, but I would like...

View more questions Search