Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Geek2me Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Hole digging Spider?
    I just moved to Dallas Texas and have noticed a hole in our lawn with a brown spider that seems to hide in it. I covered the hole up and it appears that he has redug it. Any ideas on what kind of spider it is? The hole is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. When it sees us it jumps back down into the hole.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 18, 2007, 05:45 PM
    I would suspect it may be a female tarantula, though it is hard to say for sure. There are likely many varieties of such native to your immediate area, all I would presume quite harmless. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 18, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Possibly a trap door spider. Here's a great website on bugs.

There are ten pages dedicated to spiders.

What's That Bug: Spiders
    Geek2me Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Thanks for the answers. Great web site GoldieMae! I suspect my spider is a wolf spider from the look. Though it mentions nothing of them living in holes we figure he is taking advantage of some other creature's hole.
    Thanks again!
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 19, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Wolf spiders aren't web builders, so it is possible it has taken over another spider's abandoned hole.

I use that site all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Digging up a buried car! [ 2 Answers ]

On June 15th 2007 in Tulsa OK, they will unearth a time capsule with a then brand new 1957 Plymouth Belvedere filled with all kinds of things from 50 years ago. You can read about the centennial at BuriedCar.com Very interesting news for anyone who may remember that day or have been to the...

Digging a hole [ 1 Answers ]

If it takes 2 days for 4 men to dig a hole 1 metre wide by 2 metres long and 1 metre deep, how long will it take 2 men to dig a hole 2 metres wide, 3 metres long and 1.5 metres deep?

My dog won't stop digging! [ 24 Answers ]

Ruby and Labman, I have a dog, Kimmie, she is half lab and half either rott or dobie. Well, anyway, we cannot get her to stop digging up the back yard. She seems like she knows she is doing wrong because she looks up at the house before proceeding to dig. If she sees one of us she just mosies...

Siberian huskies digging [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Siberian Husky as well as a 12 week old. The 2 year old is a female and is insistant on digging anywhere she has seen a chipmunk or other animal go and hide. We have but up large rocks in these areas, but she is somehow able to move them! I am sick of filling in holes... any...

Skunks Digging [ 1 Answers ]

I have a major problem with large skunks digging many holes in my yard at night and sometimes even during the day. Does anyone know any non-chemical ways to eliminate grubs? I have trapped many of them but some won't go in traps. What are good foods to use as bait?

View more questions Search