Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truehealth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 02:36 PM
    a/c fan settings
    Is it better to run the fan constantly, and if so should it be a multi-speed type that is most efficient for the central air conditioner?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 18, 2007, 03:23 PM
    For A/C it is not better to run the fan all the time unless you have a controler to modulate the motor speed. If the A/C is left on high speed all the time it will just some what rehumidify the air in the area being conditioned.

If you have a controler that will take the blower down to its slow speed it can be beneficial.

Go here for more information and the proper way to control that motor.

IAQ Direct - FanHandler Introduction
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 03:24 PM
    If you are referring to the fan in the a/c there are reasons to operate the fan, obviously it costs more to let it run constantly but you get a more even temperature in the areas served and you are constantly filtering the air especially if you have a high efficiency filter.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 03:27 PM
    All running constantly does is circulates the air. For this I would not mess with the fan speeds.Many folks preferr to let fan run. I have run mine both ways, constant and auto and noticed no difference in elec. Bill. Another thought is to run on auto and add ceiling fans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HARBOR BREEZE CEILING FANS: Fan & Remote Control Frequency Settings [ 1 Answers ]

We recently remodeled our home and had 3 Harbor Breeze ceiling fans installed. Being that we did not install the fans ourselves, we do not have the instruction manual. All of our fans are set to the same transmitter frequencies, so that when you turn one fan or light on, all of them go on. I...

Thermostats With programmable Fan Settings? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a thermostat that has a programmable fan setting? I have a wood burning fireplace insert that works well in the winter but I would like to run the fan approx. 15 to 20 minutes each hour instead of the continuous "on" setting. Is there a thermostat that allows the fan setting...

What are the temperature settings for a fan limit switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 30+ year old forced air furnace. Currently, when the thermostat is turned up to call for more heat, the burners ignite normally. When the heat exchanger-HE- gets to temperature (which seems to take a long time) the fan switches on normally. HERE'S WHRE THE PROBLEM STARTS The fan...

Settings [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP on a Dell 2400. When I open a web page it only fills half of my desktop and I have to click in top righthand corner to enlarge it. Is there a setting which open the page fullscreen immediately?

Monitor Settings [ 1 Answers ]

Hey hey! I was just wondering if, using windows XP, there is a way to set my colour scheme to simply black and white? Thank you. :eek:

View more questions Search