Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justneedhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Leviton 057 Dimmer switch
    Hi!

I have a Leviton 057 dimmer switch with two black wires and one that is green.
    The box in my apartment has two wires--both black, but one is much thicker than the other.
    I don't have the means of testing to see which is live. Can anyone please tell me which wires go where?

Thanks for your help!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 05:52 PM
    If a switch was there, you should be able to connect 2 switch wires to box wires.
    #12 should be protected by 20 Amp Breaker.
    #14 should be protected by 15 Amp Breaker.
    Smaller than that should be replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leviton PR180 without switch [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased the Leviton PR180 and I would like to know if I can install without the switch. Could you please send to me the diagram? Thanks in advance, Marcelo Tralhao

Dimmer switch hot [ 4 Answers ]

We recently changed over fluorescent lighting to track lighting with a dimmer switch. Recently I noticed that there was a bit of a blue spark when we turned the switch off and the switch itself was warm. What would the problem here be?:confused:

Dimmer switch [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to change a regular light switch (2 wires red and black) with a dimmer switch with 3 wires ( 2 black and a green) where do you connect these 3 wires? THX.

Dimmer Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of four standard toggle switches next to each other all controlling different lights within the house. I want to replace one of those toggle switchs with a dimmer for one of the lights. I just wanted to maker sure that putting a dimmer switch in between the other toggle switches...

Questions on wiring up a Leviton PR180 Motion Activated Switch [ 1 Answers ]

Newbie here - hopefully you guys can give me some help on a wiring question. I have two boxes - box 1, which is where I would like to put the PR180, has the following wires: Hot, Traveler A and Traveler B. Box 2, which is where the normal 3-way switch is, has Traveler A, Traveler B and what I...

View more questions Search