jnutty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Blue pitbulls
    :confused: can a blue pit bull like black
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 04:40 PM
    jnutty, I saw your other questions under an older post. So, you want to know if your pitbull is considered a "blue" even though he is a light shade of black. The color designation has nothing to do with the coat color of the dog but rather the color of the nose. Pitbulls generally are referred to as a red nose or blue nose. If your dog's nose is grey, brownish grey, blackish grey in color, it is considered a blue nose. If the nose is pink, reddish, or brown, it is considered a red nose. It has to do with the original fighting lines. Today, there is so much crossbreeding, that these differences mean absolutely nothing. Neither color is considered rare or worth more, no matter what anyone may tell you. If you have a well trained dog THAT is what makes him or her special. If you are interested in learning more about pitbulls, and you haven't already done so, I highly recommend any books written by Diane Jessup. As an owner of a pit, it is wise to learn as much of the breed, its history, personality, capabilities, and how to challenge and train your dog properly to make sure he is a well balanced dog that people will not fear. I also hope you have done, or are planning on doing, the responsible thing and have it spayed or neutered. Up until 5 or 10 years ago, the amount of pitbulls that you would find at a shelter made up approximately 3% of the population in any given shelter. In the past 10 years, that number has increased dramatically, because the amount of people fighting them has risen. In Jersey City, NJ, one shelter is reporting that pitbulls represent 65% of the dogs in their care, most of whom have scars from being misused and abused with fighting. Most shelters that are "kill" shelters will euthanize pit bulls rather than adopt them out. I encourage all owners of pitbulls to please do the responsible thing by not breeding their dogs and adding to those statistics. You never know the true character of a person that you sell a dog to. If people did, we wouldn't see these sweet dogs being used in this way. If you are interested in some informative websites about pitbulls, please post back and let me know. I will gladly give you some links.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Here is a current example of the problems Ruby is talking about, FOXNews.com - Gruesome Details in Indictment Naming NFL Quarterback Michael Vick in Dogfighting Case - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Labman Thank you for posting that, I have been following this story. Just my 2 cents when someone in television, radio, actors or singer shows disregard to animals and children (the helpless) and they are proven to have done that. They cease to exist to me. I spend no money with them or the organization that they are connected to. If they are on T.V. or radio I turn it. I attend no concerts that they are in or promote. If I have any merchandise of theirs I throw it away. I buy nothing that has any thing to do with them. From here on in I plan on calling or writing the stations and people that continue to promote these hoodlums. I may only be 1 voice and 1 consumer. But those sorry a$$es will never see one dime of my hard earned money.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 04:30 AM
    The Humane Society of the United States, based upon the sickening information contained in the indictment, is requesting all people to send a message to NFL commissioner Roger Goodall requesting he suspend Michael Vick immediately. They are citing other sports figures who were suspended when indicted for crimes. Their point is that it is apparent , based on testimony of others involved, that Vick not only knew about it, but ordered the inhumane executions of the dogs and nothing in the past with other suspensions, has compared to this level of abuse. Here is the info in case anyone in interested: Atlanta Falcons Quarterback Michael Vick Indicted for Dogfighting | The Humane Society of the United States
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Done, plus I took the liberty of copying your whole post to the forum I found the first link.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 04:43 AM
    I just sent a message to ESPN FFL 2007: Feedback asking them to drop Vick from their players. That guy has got to become radioactive, nobody will touch him.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Thank you labman. I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread to get on my soapbox but if jnutty loves his dog as much as I love mine, I expect he won't mind. The biggest problem is that Vick IS the team. Without him, the Falcons are dead in the water this next season. He is worth too much money to the owner. So, it is going to take some major pressure from the public to force his suspension at this time.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 04:50 PM
    We may be making progress. From the NFL summery in our yesterday's paper, ''... but recent indictment of Vick on dogfighting charges places the whole team in limbo.'' Well I hope so. From a dog lover and big football fan on another site, ''IMO, he will never play another down in the NFL, even if he does not go to prison. I would guess at least 50% or more of NFL fans that go to the games are dog lovers and are absolutely disgusted with this.'' Again, I hope so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eli Bloodline within Pitbulls [ 1 Answers ]

Where does the Eli Bloodline for pitbulls originate? Are there any pictures, that I can be referred to on a website?

What is a blue tooth? [ 2 Answers ]

I am starting school and want to get a lab top, some of them say with optional blue tooth connection. What is this and how does it help?

Blue pants [ 1 Answers ]

What color of belt and shoes do you wear with blue pants?

Pitbulls [ 2 Answers ]

How do you keep a pit bull from peeing and pooping in the house. How do you keep two pit bulls from charging the door when people come over.why would a pit bull chew on another pit bull.:confused:

Can vets legally spay or neuter pitbulls if they are banned? [ 9 Answers ]

Even though pitbulls are banned here in ontario canada, will the vet still spay or nueter a pitbull puppy or will they have to put it down?

View more questions Search