Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excaliblad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 05:29 PM
    According to this it's possible they are a sort of allergic reaction to medications. Have you started taking anything new recently?

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/tools/symptom/545.html
    excaliblad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 05:31 PM
    Comment on excaliblad's post
    Nix the first part. Missed the part about you having them for a while, but read the guide, it may help. Good luck :)
    Pixie89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 05:53 PM
    I have a few red spots myself... it started with a single one that I noticed when I was about 10. I now have a total of 9(that I can see myself). All of them are either on my hands, arms or shoulders. I am concerned as I have had about 6 of them appear in the last year. I wonder if it could have anything to do with poor liver functions as I have had hapititis A (about 6 months ago), although my blood tests say that my liver functions are back to normal. I am the healthiest I have ever been as I gym 5 times a week for no less then an hour a day, eat a balanced diet, hardly drink alcohol anymore and overall just live a healthier lifestyle. I am 21 and the reason this concerns me so much is not only beacause I'm worried it might be my body giving off some kind of warning, but also because if I have 9 very visible red spots (of which 6 appeared in the last year) and I am only 21... what am I going to look like when I am 30, 40 or 50!? :/
    acog805214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 02:58 PM
    My dad, sister and I all have these tiny red spots as well. We've always had a couple, but they seem to multiply as we get older. My dad went to the doctor and the doctor said that they were genetic and are a Cherokee Indian trait. We are all 1/8th Cherokee so I guess it makes sense (my sister and I picked up an additional 1/16th from my mom's side).
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2011, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by acog805214 View Post
    My dad, sister and I all have these tiny red spots as well. We've always had a couple, but they seem to multiply as we get older. My dad went to the doctor and the doctor said that they were genetic and are a Cherokee Indian trait. We are all 1/8th Cherokee so I guess it makes sense (my sister and I picked up an additional 1/16th from my mom's side).
    Could also be as simple as "Tinea Versicolor." Try googling that. There are some websites that have photos of the condition. If so, it's easily treatable with OC products such as Selsun Blue.
    acog805214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 05:47 AM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    Maybe, but the size is off. All of ours look as if someone took a red writing pen and mad a small dot. They are all much smaller than 1/4 inch. And they don't change if we get hot and they never itch. They are basically like widely dispursed red freckles.
    beebeeltin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2011, 03:31 AM
    I think its sort of like a rash.. I get little darkish red speckles in certain areas they don't itch aren't lumpy and no red blotches red dot like underneath my skin. I usually get then whenever I use a product my skin is allergic to. I discovered this when I first used baby oil.. they appeared on the inside of my forearm but eventually go away after awhile..
    CandiceMarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 12:45 AM
    To answer Edwardk9 : In my teen years, I had brown pin dots (unraised moles) on my skin. A particular one on my stomach was slightly larger and rough. I tried to scratch it off my skin. It returned, when my skin healed. It was the same mole; except it was now red. I have that same mole now (over 45 years), plus a few more in that area. I had a few brown "pin dot" moles on my upper chest and neck. Most likely they have been irritated, over the years, by clothes, necklaces, etc. I notice some are red now. Sun-damaged skin changes when one gets older. Click on to You Tube and look at the pictures of skin moles and cancer. Familarize yourself with any changes in the size or color of your moles, especially in areas exposed to the sun over the years. Some doctors can remove them. E Medicine health mole removal.com has an explanation and pictures. These "red moles" may be superficial blood lesions called angiomas. These ar quite normal and generally do not pose a risk. The cause is genetic. My Mom also had these on her skin. You should keep an eye on them, however, in event they do enlarge or become discolored. There are pictures on skin-and-scalp-treatment.com; also, a picture on red mole.info/ 2009.
    jcMiFarms Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
    I used to have these - prostatitis too, until I started taking 300 mg Selenium, 300 mg Multivitamins, 1000 mg of Omega 3 Daily. I also reduced my iron and salt intake (watch out for tap water full of Fl and Cl ).

Three years on and (apart from just a few of the bigger ones which are shrinking) both problems have disappeared.

JC
    jcdawso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 09:47 AM
    Its weird I came to this sight asking the same question always had like 3 but they have appeared a lot lately one on my check and neck a bunch appeared on my arms maybe is just because I started a new job and it invovles a lot of physical activities. Either way the one on my neck kind of looks like a hicky so I'm not very fond of it.
    Lefko5934 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Keratosis Pilaris, that's the name. I have them myself. It's supposedly dead skin that clots around hair follicles. The way to treat it is with scrubbing and moisturizing, there are creams you can get from a dermatologist, that are expensive and pointless. Scrub the spots well daily, use a cream like eucerin and a moisturizer as well. I also find that some vitamin E helps speed it up. The spots will come back if you stop, so once they're gone repeat this once a week or so. It'll take about 2-4 weeks for the spots to actually disappear.

Hope this help.
    kyerewaa28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
    Usain blake
    kyerewaa28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
    Shakalakaboomboom
    BBabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 05:40 AM
    Probably heat rash... from excessive sweating from sun, working out, etc. I wouldn't worry but if you are see your family doctor...
    TiaDia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 12:23 PM
    I have been treated for these by laser. I had one on my face and about 50 total over my body mostly the backs of my hands. They are a collection of the endings of blood vessels. They rarely bleed or cause any type of irritation. I had one on my knee bleed once but never again after that. I have had them my whole life. They are usually genetically passed down. My kids have them my mother and grandmother have them also. I had the laser take the one off my face that's about it I couldn't take the pain. I have never had any issues you shouldn't worry yourself. Now if they itch or anything else that is not blood vessels that maybe something else. But these cause nothing to be worried about.
    abscgd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
    I have had some of these small red dot like lesions since about I was nine - most of them are quite slow growing but a few are larger and rarely raised - dotors have dismissed them as nothing to worry about - but al of us want them removed safely without scarring - I was a guinee pig for one doctor as I was the first patient he 'burned them off' about seven of them on my forehead - did not leave any scarring - slight sting but nothing really - think its called 'electrosurgery' or it was some time of small laser - did the job lovely - more have since returned - unfortunately that doc has passed away and others don't seem to take as serious - a nurse or even I could do if I knew what device it was - just letting you know that they can be removed - safely and relatively pain free with no or very minimal scarring - microscopic if anything - they can be removed easily if yoy know a doc that can and does not mind doing it - good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny pin sized red itchy dots [ 17 Answers ]

I have about 5 or so of this tiny pin sized red dots that itch more than anything I've ever experienced. I found if I leave them alone they'll dry up in about a week or so. But if I dare scratch them they spread into a rash. Any ideas?

Tiny zit like bumps on arms [ 8 Answers ]

For years I have had little bumps on my forearms. Not painful, not rashy. About the size of little zits, but not red at all. Just flesh colored. My bet is that they are hair follicles, but... they never go away or get smaller. Anyone have any ideas as to what they are and how to get rid of...

Dark spots caused by healed skin [ 6 Answers ]

I have dark skin, under, around, over and at the sides of my eyes. It was first caused by a rash which healed and left the skin darker when I was a kid. 8 years later I used a hydroquinone based product to finally get rid of it and it made everything worse causing darker skin to spread all around...

Tiny fridge, hot in back [ 4 Answers ]

I have just purchased a new 1.7 cubic feet Haier refrigerator. About an hour after plugging it in, I noticed that the back coils were quite hot. Is this normal for a fridge? Ive done some googling around, and it seems to be normal, but want to be sure.

Age spots, discoloration and sagging skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have lots of age spots and discoloration and sagging skin can someone suggest the best skin lightner and antiaging product on the market please Thanks

View more questions Search