Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 05:34 PM
    6th Wedding Anniversary
    Okay, next weekend my husband and I will celebrate 6 years of wedded bliss.

We've been doing the traditional gifts (sometimes with creatives spins, as the year we got bikes for each other in the colors of Orange and Grape to cover "fruits and vegetables")

Year 6 is "Iron", and I'm stumped. I thought to get him a doorstop or figurine in the shape of a wolf (his collection) or a cat (OUR collection), but I can't find one that doesn't look totally lame or that isn't out of my budget (absolutely no more than $100 after tax, shipping, etc).

Any suggestions? Please, be creative! I'd get him an Iron Maiden cd if we didn't already have most of their stuff, for example! Iron can be in the title, it can be what it's made of... I just want to get/do something creative and fun, not something he'd expect!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Synn,

What you think about this

This place seems to have a lot of cute things. I will keep an allheart eye out for more.

Love you honey.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Outdoor Patio Bench
    From FurnitureCentral.com ($69.99) This patio bench is made of wrought iron in a sandy rustic look. Its sophisticated pattern of vines and maple leaves, and the curvy legs make it a great patio furniture piece for your home.
    Questions? Contact FurnitureCentral.com.

Candy / Iron Anniversary Gift Ideas - FindGift.com

Here's more sweetie. I love the patio bench.
    ***hugs***
    Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 05:47 PM
    The only problem is that we are in an apartment still... we don't have a grill! When you have to be 30' away (which, for us, is across the street in the park) from an apartment building to use one in most cities, it just hasn't seemed worth it to get one!

Same thing with like hooks or door knockers... we don't have a house to put them on. And while we could store it for when we DO have a house, well... storage in an apartment is at a premium.

For the first time, I wish my husband golfed! I could get him a 9 iron or something!
    Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Ooooh... good site, AH.

I'm digging through it now!
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 05:56 PM
    More Product Information

Oh Synn hooooow cuuuuuute. LOL

Here's the web site, just in case you like.

I Love My Iron Worker Boxer Shorts : i heart : CafePress.com
    Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Oh. My. God.

I have a feeling he wouldn't QUITE appreciate the humor in that... but those are tempting, for the humor effect if nothing else.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Heehee.. buy him and iron and an ironing board! Maybe you can find an ironing board cover with a wolf on it. :)
    Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 06:03 PM
    That was already nixed by both of us, Jillian, but thanks! We just both HATE to iron, so it wouldn't be a fun thing at all.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Perhaps not fun, but certainly funny!

Good luck in finding something, and by the way, I think it's really cute that you guys put your own spin on the traditional gifts. I think that makes it a lot more personal and significant. Plus it shows you put a lot of thought into the gift. Great little tradition!
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jul 17, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Get him a cast iron skillet... and tell him to be good and you won't whack him over the head with it! ;)
    Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 08:33 PM
    LOL... um... I would, but my mother AND his mother both got us one.

MY mother gave hers to my husband to keep me in line, and HIS mother did the same for me.

They think they're funny.

Jul 17, 2007, 09:43 PM
    LOL, well... hm...

Jul 17, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Get him a dumbbell to "pump some iron" ;)
    drifting-alone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 12:52 AM
    Now this would take up little space and might even be appreciated. Buy him a health course that includes... wait for it... Iron pills! And then enter him in an Iron-Man triathlon. Tell him you want him all iron and muscle!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anniversary gift ideas [ 6 Answers ]

This weekend is my 1st anniversary. Yeah, I know it's paper or a clock, that's not the problem. My husband and I originally agreed that we were just going to take each other on a "date". Well, he decides to tell me last night that he bought me something after we decided not to get gifts. Now I feel...

27th wedding anniversary present [ 2 Answers ]

My parents' 27th wedding anniversary is coming up and I was thinking of going traditional this year (just for fun). I found a couple of traditional present lists, but once you hit the 20th, the suggestions for presents are only every 5 years (20th, 25th, 30th). Was this tyep of list just from...

My 1 year anniversary is coming up! [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend will be going 1 year next month and I reaaly don't know what to get him. I love him to bits and I want to get him something romantic but not to over the top... what should I do?:)

3 year anniversary [ 11 Answers ]

Hey there! In November, my fiance' and I will have been together for 3 years. I would like to do something nice for him, take him somewhere or something to show how much I appreciate him moving across the state for me away from his hometown. And, well, just putting up with me in general. Anyone...

50th anniversary [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with ideas for a funny saying or something different or cute for the tee shirts and caps I am making up for 20 people. Thank you if you can think of something.

View more questions Search