Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pfoxyfoxy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Evict adult child
    How do I evict an adult child from my home in pa?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Pack their bags, put them outside, change the locks, call and tell them to pick up their things that are outside.
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 17, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Exactly, Mr. Yet, exactly.

XenoSapien
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 17, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Tell him/her you love him/her, then tell him to pick up his stuff and go.

One question, you didn't actually have your kid sign a lease did you?:confused:
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 17, 2007, 02:56 PM
    I echo GoldieMae... is he on the lease?

XenoSapien
    dreemr57 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2007, 03:53 AM
    Go to your states web site.. and look up cival laws on the subject of eviction -- each states are different.. then if it tells you , to give a 3, day 30 day or 60 day notice.. start those forms right away.. if you really don't know where to start.. then search the internet on a professional eviction company that can fill out the correct forms for you.. If you don't know what your doing it can backfire on you.. so be careful.. usually it's the notice to vacate then aftewards it's the unlawful detainer --- good luck..,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Unless the child has been paying rent or is on the lease, then you can just turn him out. No need for a formal eviction.
    dreemr57 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2007, 02:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Unless the child has been paying rent or is on the lease, then you can just turn him out. No need for a formal eviction.
    Wow, I wish I would have known this... I had same situation.. with a member of my family.. and I was told.. that even if not paying rent.. which they are not.. and the home is mine... that.. they have legal rights.. because they have basically taken up residencyand have take possession of the bedroom in my home.. now that's in the state of California.. the police would not allow me to just throw them out.. I tried and tried.. they even said that I could be arrested if I tried to throw him out , change the locks. . I had to do this legally.. so they suggested if the was abusive to get a restraining order.. that's how I got him out.. thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dreemr57
    wow, i wish i would of known this... i had same situation.. with a member of my family.. and i was told.. that even if not paying rent.. which they are not.. and the home is mine... that.. they have legal rights..
    Your situation seems somewhat different. If its not an immediate family member and you let them into your house as an adult, then they became a tenant. That's different from a child who has always lived in the house but has now become an adult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult son,evict from my home [ 15 Answers ]

How can I evict my 29 year old son out of my house

How to evict an adult child from home? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello - My 18 yr old son needs to figure out life on his own. High school drop out, no job or motivation. He is 6' 4'' and refusing to budge - so how do I go about legally evicting an adult child from family home? Thanks for your advice...

How do I evict adult son? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to help my 26 yr old adult son get his life back together. He is on 2 years probation for making a bad choice of unauthorized use of a vehicle. In other words he was stopped while driving a stolen vehicle however, he was not the person who stole it, just driving it as a favor...

How to evict adult child [ 1 Answers ]

We have an adult child whom we need to evict. She is 27 years old, works but refuses to help out with any household expenses, rent, utilities, food etc. She prefers to use her money for her personal entertainment. How do we go about evicting her as she has never paid rent to us? wptav

View more questions Search