Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joellen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Multimedia audio controller needs driver
    I have been running Adobe Premire Elements, decided to uninstall some programs I did not use much to free up disk space, and now am getting a "found new hardware" message when computer boots - but of course I did not add any hardware!
    And, adding insult to injury, Elements will not load at all, AND, I went through re-intalling it and it still cannot find the audio stuff it needs to start up. I have tried looking on forums for the answer, seems I need to know the make and model of my computer - how do I find this out? There is nothing on the outside of the computer that says this. Thanks! Oh and PS - I do not have any CDs or DVDs that has this info on them - so cannot load the driver that way
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 18, 2007, 08:46 AM
    You can determine your motherboard info, by using the program CPU-Z.

Another way, if this is a custom-built PC, you can open the case, and look for a model name/number on the motherboard itself, and then download the drivers from the manufacturer's website (e.g. Asus).

The above method can be used on retail PCs too (e.g. HP, eMachines, etc.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SoundMAX,HDA bus driver, and multimedia audio controller [ 3 Answers ]

Wassup, I deleted those programs and lost sound on my computer.. says"no sound card, missing soundMAX or need multimedia audio controller to work" and a bunch of other bull.. tried downloading these programs off the internet but still doesn't work.. need help on fixing the problem or what I can do...

Multimedia Audio Controller Driver [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed Windows XP onto my system (P-III, 756mhz), and it is requesting for Multimedia Audio Controller Driver. I don't know the brand/model of the Sound Card, please what I am going to do, to get my Sound Card working. I really need to enjoy playing my musics. Thanks. Henry

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

Confused: DESPEARTE!! I just installed Win XP on my PC and the multimedia audio controller drivers are missing. And idea what I should do. Have run out of ideas

Multimedia Audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

I recently re-formatted my computer which my father bought me, so I don't know the spcifications of it (Sound card, motherboard) and I am missing the driver for my multimedia audio controller, does anybody know of a way that I could find this out without having to open up my PC? Much appreciated

Multimedia Controller Driver Search [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get a driver for the Multimedia Controller or is it even necessary?

View more questions Search