Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steube2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2005, 11:13 PM
    Blood in kitten's eye
    Hello, my family recently got a kitten (approx. 8-9wks. Old) from the local animal shelter. She has been doing fine so far, eating good, using litter box, playing with toys, etc...

I just noticed that her left eye appears to be filled with blood and the pupil is not as big as the right. She is acting and eating normal so I can't figure out what happened. We do have another cat (7 years old) that is not crazy about her new "friend" yet but she is declawed and we have not seen or heard a fight between the two.

Please help if you can... we cannot afford a vet bill on a Sunday so this will have to wait until Monday and that really freaks me out.

Thank you,
    Tracy
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2005, 09:29 AM
    If it was a puppy, I would put some Visine or other brand of artificial tears in its eye and wait for tomorrow. I know little of cats, wish I was seeing more answers from those that do here.

Lilly, Korinia?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood Donation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if every pint of blood is tested when you donate blood. Thanks

Blood During Sex? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I had my period about a week ago, and every time I have sex there is a light watery pink discharge afterwards as well as all over the sheets. At first I thought it may just be leftover from my period because it was the day after I had finished, but as the week went on it continued and now I'm...

Neg blood tests [ 10 Answers ]

I just thought I would share this information that was shared with me... lol... it's funny how we think that blood tests are the end all for knowing if your pregnant or not. This is another site that has a message board and it is to this board that the like goes too... I hope everyone finds it as...

Blood types? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend really wants to have a baby. Well, not at the moment, but she wants to be ABLE to have a baby. She read somewhere that people with Type O blood can NOT reproduce unless their partner has a negative blood type. Now, I'm having a hard time understanding this because apperently O blood...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search