Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Jul 17, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Did we not watch the same video?? Where, at 0:39, Rumsfeld says they did not find WMDS??
    Yup. He did. And onsidering the information that is publicly available that says that they DID find WMDs, and considering the friend I have who was there when they found much of it (he's a special forces Major named Moses Scheinfeld), I have no idea why he would have said that. The only explanation that I can come up with is the one that says that we didn't find "stockpiles" of WMDs that were fully assembled, but rather we found all the parts necessary, and all that was left to do was put the parts together. That is what David Kay said in several interviews.

Personally, if I were Rumsfeld, I'd have brought LIVE samples of every single type of WMD they found and showed it to Congress right on the FLOOR of the Senate, with the CSpan cameras rolling. And if the congressmen and women were scared of the WMDs being allowed on the floor, I would have used that to make the point. "If you guys are scared of these small samples, how much more scared should you be of an entire arsenal of the stuff?" And to the ones who claimed that there were no WMDs, I'd have said, "Great, then you don't have any problem if I put this canister of Sarin on your desk, do you?", and see what kind of reaction that gets. I'm not above that sort of theatrics to make a point. And I would have invited members of the media to inspect the stuff too... if they had the guts.

But Rummy and Bush chose not to do that. I have no idea why. Frankly, I would have handled the media completely differently in the run-up and aftermath of the invasion. I think that has been the biggest mistake that Bush has made with regard to the war.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I have no idea why Bush and Rummy would say that we didn't find WMDs when we clearly did. Maybe there is more informatuion that we currently do not have... something that they HAVE to keep hidden for some reason or other. I don't know. But the publicly available information is very clear on the subject. We did find WMDs. We just didn't find "stockpiles" of ready-to-fire weapons.

Elliot
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 01:44 PM
    I hate Fox News, they are so incredibly biased. Yet I also hate this video, it shows a few senteces from speeches, some of which I've seen and uses them out of context.

It's easy to prove any point you want to if you only choose to look at a few words from a speech. Personally I think the video is meaningless.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I'm not reading all that - I stopped at your saying that Fox News is not propaganda. That's just laughable.
    Alrighty then, but you should know you just proved my point. I understand though, I've seen many a critic of Bush, Republicans, conservatives and Fox News, etc. avoid dealing with the facts. That sort of thing tends to rob a person of credibility you know...
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Speech,
    You may post all the links you want about documents that talk about all other reasons the US went to war but that video shows what the american people were told, then recanted by the same people.

Your definition of leftish agenda seems more geared to slam people who are not like you. That's intolerance isn't it? I really don't care because I'm a moderate and don't spend all day defending the right and attacking the left on internet discussion boards.
    What a crock! you started this thread by selecting a very carefully edited video and endorsed it with, "I think it's great." You may not spend all day looking for this video. I know there are websites devoted to bashing America. So, you're not alone.

But by posting this video and clapping your hands, your bashing not just USA but the UN Security Council as well. It was boring but I started reading them at the UN website. There was at least nine resolutions that I saw during my brief search. Is the UN left or right, in your opinion?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    But by posting this video and clapping your hands, your bashing not just USA but the UN Security Council as well.
    Not I'm not, neither. You're just making stuff up. The video is about the current admin.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 04:07 PM
    LiveLeak.com - How to make an Angry American

Have a watch. I think it's great.
    ??

"Not I'm not, neither. You're just making stuff up. The video is about the current admin."

This video is to slam the current admin and the people involved.

Did you post it them say it's great because... you liked it? Or did you really think it's great?

And why don't you answer some of the other questions posed on this thread?
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I think it's great that someone is exposing them and trying to get the public to revolt. I can't answer every single question asked here, I simply don't have the free time that you guys do. Sorry.

BTW your bio says you're 49 and a world traveler with fifty years experience. How can that be?
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 04:28 PM
    I think it's great that someone is exposing them and trying to get the public to revolt. I can't answer every single question asked here, I simply don't have the free time that you guys do. Sorry.
    NK, the thing is this is nothing new, that's why some of us have the time. At least 3 of us have heard it and answered it all dozens, if not hundreds of times. There is nothing left here to "expose," it's merely one more attempt in a long, long, long, long, line of efforts to stir up crap by Bush haters, recycling the same old specious charges in a different package. If there was anything of substance to this Bush would have been gone long ago.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Oh yes they lied. That's where you and I will always differ. Millions of americans agree with me. I don't have the resources that Murdoch has for Fox News so I do my bit for the equalizer.

Your part is to keep bumping this thread up.

Did we not watch the same video??? Where, at 0:39, Rumsfeld says they did not find WMDS????
    Do you mean 0:39 into the search?
    Or 0:39 after Saddam sent inspectors packing?

What's your goal here? You want thread points for this?!:mad:
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 06:51 PM
    That video is as much full of rubbish and propaganda as the Bush administration is. The way I see it there has been no truth's told by any side of the argument and no "FACTS" shown by anyone.

The only "FACT" I see is a death toll in the many thousands and continually rising.

Its probably the only "FACT" that Bush, his cronies and his opposer's can agree.

All other "FACTS" I've seen come out of this war are BS!!
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 17, 2007, 07:18 PM
    BTW your bio says you're 49 and a world traveler with fifty years experience. How can that be?
    Dude!
    You're dodging!
    And splitting hairs! I turn 50 on the 27th! I'd tell anyone I'm fifty!
    'Cept my wife... she's almost exactly six month older. I like to remind her that she's actually fifty... I'm only 49! (Only a few 9 more shopping days, folks)
    I'll adjust my profile for nine days. K?
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

Jul 17, 2007, 09:35 PM
    I didn't watch the video but I know enough to not to trust anyone, especially a politician, a so called "public servant."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 05:11 AM
    I started to watch it last night and got sidetracked early . Let's put it this way. The opening segment is with comedian Jon Stewart. Now ;I think the guy is funny... even saw him perform live at West Point. But although most of his comedy is political it doesn't make him credible.

Honestly I do not have the time to rehash all the information I have gathered pre-and post war . Maybe after my vacation I'll dig it all up again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Bush invaded Iraq to stop the Russians, the Chinese, the French, and Germans, from cutting deals with Saddam for the oil, as they were all subverting the oil for food/medicine program. Find that on FOX. Iraq is but a small step in a greater plan for globalisation, and control and exploitation of economies, and sovereignty of resources.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Alrighty then, but you should know you just proved my point. I understand though, I've seen many a critic of Bush, Republicans, conservatives and Fox News, etc. avoid dealing with the facts. That sort of thing tends to rob a person of credibility you know...

Was the video made by NBC? I didn't really notice, I was at work and listened more than watched, I would assume so since you asked. I would hope it's just one reporters view on things and doesn't represent a general feeling.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 06:41 AM
    LiveLeak.com - How to make an Angry American

Have a watch. I think it's great.
    Great Video, I recommend it for anyone who had the time to watch it; but why post it on this board, where's the Moderator, it should be posted under Arts & Leisure on the Humor & Comedy board.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Hello NK:

I think the video was right on. Do I think they LIED?? No, I think they were stupid.

excon
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Jul 18, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Back to the original question:

How to make an Angry American ---

2 parts Bourbon whiskey
    2 parts applejack
    2 parts lemon juice
    1 part Campari
    1 part Cointreau

Shake and strain into cocktail glass.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine
    Back to the original question:

How to make an Angry American ---

2 parts Bourbon whiskey
    2 parts applejack
    2 parts lemon juice
    1 part Campari
    1 part Cointreau

Shake and strain into cocktail glass.
    And after a couple of those maybe he/she won't be so angry :D
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Digg - Video: How to make an Angry American

Other people are commenting on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be angry at her? [ 5 Answers ]

Apperently my friend likes my ex boyfriend and she didn't tell me this. I think the only person that knows is our other friend, the one she spends most of her time with, because they live in the same street. The reason why I'm angry is beacause of she's always asked me if I still like this guy and...

Why am I so angry with him [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all I have had this huge problem that I can't seem to let go of. Let me first tell you the basis of it all. I had been in a serious long term relationship with a man for nearly 4 years, I was living with him at the time and we were due to get married. But unfortunately the relationship ended...

Lipstick make & color on a music video [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about finding out the make and color of a lipstick worn by an artist (Nelly Furtado) on a music video ("On the Radio")?

Angry [ 2 Answers ]

Dear who ever I will not tell you my name. For some reason I am always feeling :mad: with someone but I don't know who.

Ripping DVD Video to VCD Video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I rip my DVD video to VCD Video files. Is there out any freeware to do this. Please let me know the link for that. Thanx:rolleyes:

View more questions Search