Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Waterdog Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Is river water OK for dogs?
    I rescued a black lab about 7 months ago. She loves the water! I'm taking her on her 1st camping trip up in the mountains this weekend. I always stay on the river. I'm bringing plenty of drinking water for her, but I know she'll prefer to drink out of the river. It's very clean and pristine up there, but is it OK for her?
    Thanks in advance for answering my question. I'm a bit paranoid she'll get sick. She's my baby.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 08:41 PM
    It shouldn't be a problem. Any change in water is said be a possible problem. I have never had a problem with it although I do a lot of traveling with my dogs letting them drink whatever we find.
    AnnaS17 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jul 17, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Agreed, if the water looked murky I would disagree, if the water is comparable visibly to bottled water and did not come from the gutter streams, puddles or from garbage your probably OK. Dogs immune systems are stronger then a humans

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do dogs drink scummy water? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I have been taking my greyhound to a play group that meets at an off-leash dog park on Sundays. She loves it. My problem is that the "park" actually belongs to the utility company, and is really an area set aside for storm run-off. (You see these a lot in Austin... essentially shallow...

River otters [ 1 Answers ]

For my 9 year old who is writing a paper for school, do river otters hibernate? How do they survive winters?

Parana river [ 1 Answers ]

How much water does the river parana contain

Nile River [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how fast the Nile River flows? :confused:

View more questions Search