Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jul 16, 2005, 01:18 PM
    Bankruptcy law changes on Oct. 1, 2005
    For those of you who have a large amount of debt. That your having a hard time paying down or off the new bankruptcy law will make that impossible if you decide to file after Oct. 1. Do a Google search on the new law and one of the biggest parts of it states that IF YOU HAVE A JOB then you have the ability to pay back what you owe and JUST TRY to file after Oct. 1st. The new law will make this difficult if not impossible to achieve.
    tlmr Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2005, 08:34 PM
    Are you trying to file for bankruptcy or thinking of doing this in the future?
    I know a way you can get a discount.
    slippydippydo Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 06:59 PM
    I found this good summary of important changes to the bankruptcy law .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Year 2005 [ 7 Answers ]

Got this one from my daughter today... YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2005 when... 1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave. 2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years. 3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

F1 - H1 for 2005 [ 14 Answers ]

Atlanta Tax expert, I read your earlier posts about this topic for last years taxes. Esp this one... -------------------------------------------- Kmalhotra: That is correct. If your H-1 started in Oct 2004, you do NOT meet the Substantial Presence Test and therefore are not dual status....

Cpt + opt for 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

I worked on CPT from May-AUG 2005 and on OPT AUG 2005 to OCT 2005 for my first employeer. And from OCT 2005 to DEC 2005 for my second employer. So I have 2 W-2 forms with federal tax witholding.Since I am an indian citizen Should I get full federal refund. Or is there any deduction from my federal...

Outlook 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine has this problem with Outlook 2003,which is part of Microsoft Office 2003.I've had a look,but after a hard day at work,my brain is stuck in neutral.The program itself is fully up to date.Everytime it's closed,it will not open until it is removed and reinstalled onto his PC,which...

Nis 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys Please help me I have recently installed Norton Internet Security 2005. I have created a situation whereby I am still the administrator but have changed my name to dad. This now means I can't log off as dad and log back on as administrator. I have tried creating a new windows account...

View more questions Search