Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    okayben Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Changes in Hair texture, with Hair loss
    Hi,
    For the past 3 months I have been experiencing diffused hair loss. Along with that my hair has completely changed texture all over my scalp. (on the sides/back/top)
    I had blood work done and everything came back normal.

Does anyone know what might have caused this... its so scary because if I look back at pictures 3 months ago, my hair was fine, and thick. But just 3months later it is completely different. It is so thin, and feels so much thinner and finer.

Please does anyone know what might cause this, or if its realistic to believe that my hair will return to normal?
    ECantrell Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 03:03 PM
    I don't know what is wrong, but this exact thing is happening to me right now, and it's scaring the heck out of me. Let me know if you find anything out!
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 4, 2007, 07:37 PM
    When you went to the doctor did you get your thyroid checked? My wife is going through the same thing and someone told her to check her thyroid.

Aug 6, 2007, 04:37 PM
    I am going to the doctor this week and will definitely mention the thyroid check. What did they do for your wife? Has anything helped?

Aug 6, 2007, 05:25 PM
    Her appointment is tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes and what they do. And if they give her any remedies I will let you know.

Aug 7, 2007, 03:06 PM
    OK thanks :) !

Aug 7, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Well she just got back from the doctor and her hair loss was due to her iud birth control. They didn't check her thyroid because they said it was common with this birth control. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the answers you wanted but I would still have my thyroid checked if I were you.:)

Aug 8, 2007, 07:26 AM
    I guess there can be any number of reasons for hair loss. I think they should tell you if that is a possible side effect to birth control devices, because there are many different options. I'm sure your wife wishes she knew what to expect ahead of time!

Aug 8, 2007, 08:47 AM
    The funny thing is they gave her a list of side effects before she got it but hair loss wasn't one of them. They didn't tell her the birth control could cause this until her hair was already falling out. She did wish they had told her that so she knew what to expect. She was sort of mad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does hair dye cause hair loss? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I just wonder if hair dye causes a hair loss. My wife dyed her hair tow months ago and over the last three weeks she is having a hair loss. She went to see a doctor and all the blood test were fine. She was given some tablets and a shampoo to use a twice a week to wash her hair. Could anyone...

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

Hair loss? [ 26 Answers ]

A problem I have is myself esteem. I always take care of myself and try to look best I can. I'm now suffering from hair loss and I am now considering shaving my head. I've done this before and I look awful. With the hair I had I looked decent and was happy with my appearenc and got my compliments...

How to achieve chunky hair texture [ 2 Answers ]

When asking for 'texturizing' at the salon, I usually end up with something that is too 'softly' textured. I know there are different types of texturizing shears. How do I get a stylist to make the texture 'chunky'? I am usually never satisfied with the texture. Is this something I could do at...

Loss of hair [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my chihuahua lossing hair and getting black spots?

View more questions Search