Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Just like you can't describe love with mathematics?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 25, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Exactly!
    Mathmatics just makes the world smaller anyway.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 05:43 AM
    So God is an emotion?

Jul 25, 2007, 06:11 AM
    No. God isn't an emotion.
    Though I guess he is the ultimate embodiment of love though, that's an emotion.
    He a perfect being. Is that so hard to believe?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    he a perfect being. is that so hard to believe?
    The answer is 'yes' by many people since it's pure faith in something unseen and unprovable.

Jul 25, 2007, 06:15 AM
    its not unseen completely though.
    My mum chucked up hysterics about how I'm going to die from diet coke because she heard a chick on the news say these words
    "Studies have shown that diet coke can increase the risk of developing diabeties"
    she believed that because some random chick said some stuff.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Cal,
    I have no idea what idea you were trying to convey there. Sorry.

Jul 25, 2007, 06:18 AM
    I'm saying
    "we believe what the media says, why can't we believe a book?"
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Not a good analogy. No one believes everything the media says and if they are then they are a fool. But that is exactly what christianity wants us to believe - that the book is absolutely true and unerring.

By the way the study may have said that those who drink a lot of diet soda/pop may have an increased the risk of developing diabeties, but the message your mom told you was "you are going to die from diet coke" - see the problem there?

Jul 25, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Well, my mum is quite a fool
    But that's beside the point.
    Whether you like it or want to believe it or not, society and the media is swaying opinions, moulding people.
    Take music for example.
    They can play songs on the radio, such as "Anarchist in the U.K" which sings about the antichrist.
    But any song praising a loving god is never played on the radio?
    Also, young girls are believing the medias and the societies expectations, and as a result suffer from anorexia.
    And etc etc
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Just for your information, your mum might be wrong about diabetes, but diet coke has been linked to other conditions. And you're in the most vulnerable age group. So she had a point, even if it was literally wrong.

So you're saying that the only reason that Christianity is not universally accepted is because of the media? You don't think there's something slightly wrong with that statement?
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
    There clearly is something wrong with that statement. Many Christians follow the news and the media, but also follow God. I think that the reason Christianity is not universally accepted is because you msut rely on faith, not proof... and because we were raised to believe that proof is what is needed for truth, it's just something in our minds. Of course, there are some people who learn to have faith with time, but it has nothing to do with the media really.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Jul 25, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinka
    Only fools believe!!! All I am asking for, is to see proof. Is an insult proof Mariy?
    Or an insult mean; you have no proof? If so give me reason...

I understand you said it in anger and frustration, but if you truly believe what you say about only fools believing, does that mean you are married to a fool, and does he/she know what you think of her/him?

Are you saying that only atheists are wise? If so how do you figure that one out? What is your scientific data for such a sweeping statement? Dearly to know that I would very much like.

M:)
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Freethinka, Morganite here is proof against your rule. He is a very wise believer.

Jul 25, 2007, 12:31 PM
    well, my mum is quite a fool
    but thats beside the point.
    whether you like it or want to believe it or not, society and the media is swaying opinions, moulding people.
    take music for example.
    they can play songs on the radio, such as "Anarchist in the U.K" which sings about the antichrist.
    but any song praising a loving god is never played on the radio?
    also, young girls are believing the medias and the societies expectations, and as a result suffer from anorexia.
    and etc etc
    Anorexia is almost always a response to personal situations. I have not come across any studies finding media styles at fault. It is much more profound in its etiologies.

Jul 25, 2007, 12:33 PM
    im saying
    "we believe what the media says, why can't we believe a book?"
    Books are media. Books are written to persuade, and that includes all holy books.

Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 25, 2007, 12:35 PM
    True.. in a way......

Jul 25, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I didn't say it is not accepted due to media.
    I said that media tends to encourage atheism.
    Too me, evolutionism is just another religion. So, why does are kids taught this belief in science class? Isn't the school system and the media meant to support personal choice in belief?
    Kids are gullible, evolution in my opinion should be withheld, just like religions, until a person is old enough to make their owns choices in what they believe.
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 10:21 PM
    And gravity too? Newtonian mechanics should be withheld? How about the gas laws? Phase transitions should be withheld too? Oh and let's not teach them about the physics of color either. Anythign about enzymes? Selective breeding?

Jul 26, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Lol. Once again. You have extrapolated from my words.
    I said evolutionism, not science.
    I reckon that once a person is in senior school, they can choose to either study evolution, one of the religions, a philophosy class, etc
    Let them make their own choose of what to believe, instead of teaching them what to believe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Evil desires [ 10 Answers ]

I have been a self mutilator for about 10 years (I'm 22), I have been married for 17 months and have not cut myself since a little while before. I am also 35 weeks pregnant. My husband and I barely have a relationship because all he does is sit on his computer and tonight I caught my husband...

My home is evil? [ 25 Answers ]

I live with my partner in our new home, an apartment in aberdeen scotland near a river. When we moved in it was great but we soon noticed some very abnormal things. The taps would just come on, items would fly off the shelfs and electrical appliances would turn off and on. We just laughed it...

Evil old navy... [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song in the new old navy commercial "spring loves stripes". A woman sings it and the chorus goes " daddio, daddio" a few times... Its stuck in my head for hours after I see the commercial so I figure it would make sense for me to at least know...

Hydroquinone - good or evil? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been reading through some of the posts in the skin lightening forum and I read a lot of people dislike "hydroquinone". I was just wondering if anyone could explain what's wrong with hydroquinone. My dermatologist recommended it to me for my acne scars and it seems to work fine. But if it's...

Evil spyware [ 6 Answers ]

I have decided to run some tests of the main spyware removal tools: Adaware, spybot, xoftspy, Micro$oft AS, trend housecall, etc. So what do you consider the worest spy/ad/malware out there? Also are there any other tools I should try? :D

View more questions Search