Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Jul 21, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Everything has an opposite side to counteract the balance. For example, good vs. evil, God vs. Lucifer, etc. Everything needs a balance to work in harmony. If there's too much of one, and not enough of the other, it turns into chaos, otherwise known as the Chaos Theory.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jul 21, 2007, 10:33 PM
    Actually, what people here are describing is based on what senses seem to be telling them about this particular area of this particular universe.

The latest theory in physics postulates twelve dimensions and the possibility of an infinite number of universes--each with its own unique particular laws.

Multiverse (science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

So who are we, as limited as we are to this minute section of this particular four dimensional universe to assume that what our meager senses seem to register applies everywhere? Isn't that a bit presumptuous?

BTW

From a Christian standpoint, saying that God can't exist without needing evil is tantamount to blasphemy. Maybe they should set up an atheist forum?

Jul 21, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Actually, what people here are describing is based on what senses seem to be telling them about this particular area of this particular universe.

The latest theory in physics postulates twelve dimensions and and the possibility of an infinite number of universes--each with its own unique particular laws.

So who are we, as limited as we are to this minute section of this particular four dimensional universe to assume that what our meager senses seem to register applies everywhere? Isn't that a bit presumptuous?

BTW

From a Christian standpoint, saying that God can't exist without needing evil is tantamount to blasphemy. Maybe they should set up an atheist forum?
    Blasphemy? I'm Atheist, this doesn't affect me. I do agree that there should be an Atheist forum though.

I don't know where you're going with the comment about multi universes. What does this have to do with the OP's question?
    Freethinka Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jul 21, 2007, 11:40 PM

The latest theory in physics postulates twelve dimensions and and the possibility of an infinite number of universes--each with its own unique particular laws.

BTW

Starman + need - like inhale, need exhale. 100% inale, 100% exhale.

(1) 125% inhale, 75% exhale = explode

(2) 75% inhale, 125% exhale = implode

(3) 100% inhale, 100% exhale = God or equallibrium

Cut circumnavigating reality for myth. Out of the three examples (1) (2) (3) which one, do you choose, to exist on earth?
    Now you see the reality... Life isn't about living inside an invisible box, and foundation (JC). The invisible walls of this box are called (blasphemous) believers live in the box. Inside this box any questions asked, that are contrary to this popular (belief) is labeled as blasphemous, I cry shame. Freethinka lives on the outside, of the wallls of blasphemy, therefore I question with such intensity, on a quest for truth. Believers don't be offended, "it is better to know truth than to believe a lie".

Otta186: live on the outside, of the walls of blasphemy, Freethinka agree, the label (blasphemy) only apply to (believers).

"The quest for truth is neverending"
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 01:16 AM
    Starman, string theory certainly is very interesting, but it hasn't yet been tested.

Jul 22, 2007, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Starman, string theory certainly is very interesting, but it hasn't yet been tested.

Really so, tryin' to cloud the situation with 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,s. :confused:
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 01:25 AM
    It "looks promising". That's about as far as the scientific community has gone towards accepting it. There are quite a few people working on it. But no testable predictions yet.

Jul 22, 2007, 01:33 AM
    It "looks promising". That's about as far as the scientific community has gone towards accepting it. There are quite a few people working on it. But no testable predictions yet.

Caupchin: they would throw any thing out there to try, to close the gaping hole that is being created by realavent questions, that are being asked about this esoteric (belief).
    -

Jul 22, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by otto186
    Blasphemy? I'm Atheist, this doesnt affect me. I do agree that there should be an Atheist forum though.

I dont know where you're going with the comment about multi universes. What does this have to do with the OP's question?
    Of course it doesn't affect you-you are an atheist. That's why I qualified my statement with "....from a Christian point of view...." About relevance, the bottom line is that we are being totally illogical if we say that we know the total of reality based on what we perceive in the VISIBLE universe. Like the statement that all things need an opposite or else they will fall apart or go haywire--for example. A statement which if indeed were true here, does not necessarily make it true everywhere and much less in rewference to God himself.
    -

Jul 22, 2007, 09:46 AM
    It doesn't make difference.
    The irrationality of choosing to believe that what we see in this limited area of the universe applies to what we don't see--much less to God himself remains.
    -

Jul 22, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinka
    Starman + need - like inhale, need exhale. 100% inale, 100% exhale.

(1) 125% inhale, 75% exhale = explode

(2) 75% inhale, 125% exhale = implode

(3) 100% inhale, 100% exhale = God or equallibrium

Cut circumnavigating reality for myth. out of the three examples (1) (2) (3) which one, do you choose, to exist on earth?
    Now you see the reality... Life isn't about living inside an invisible box, and foundation (JC). The invisible walls of this box are called (blasphemous) believers live in the box. Inside this box any questions asked, that are contrary to this popular (belief) is labeled as blasphemous, I cry shame. Freethinka lives on the outside, of the wallls of blasphemy, therefore I question with such intensity, on a quest for truth. Believers don't be offended, "it is better to know truth than to believe a lie".

Otta186: live on the outside, of the walls of blasphemy, Freethinka agree, the label (blasphemy) only apply to (believers).

"The quest for truth is neverending"

Funny that you should substitute mockery and namecalling for reasoning. But if that's all you got that's all you got.

Jul 22, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by otto186
    Everything has an opposite side to counteract the balance. For example, good vs. evil, God vs. Lucifer, etc. Everything needs a balance to work in harmony. If there's too much of one, and not enough of the other, it turns into chaos, otherwise known as the Chaos Theory.

:D Thumbs up otto186 I couldn't say it better, you are right on.
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Chaos theory is a mathematical concept.. nothing to do with too much good or too much evil... O_o

Jul 22, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Chaos theory is a mathematical concept.. nothing to do with too much good or too much evil.... O_o
    I have had it described to me differently. You are probably right, but I have had a Pastor describe good vs. evil to me as the chaos theory. But its OK, you learn something new everyday.

Jul 22, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Funny that you should substitute mockery and namecalling for reasoning. But if that's all you got that's all you got.

Starman: Sorry if my metaphoric, explanations offended you. I only brought up, the intensity, because I (believe) or assumed, that you were playing, pry a little more without answering questions. Knowing you know full well what I said in my previous post. :rolleyes:

Jul 22, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Morganite agrees: Good vs. Evil is the Manichaean theory.
    Thanks for the info. I guess it never hurts to know the proper terms.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Jul 22, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Really so, tryin' to cloud the situation with 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,s. :confused:

You misunderstand string theory. String theory is a model of fundamental physics whose building blocks are one-dimensional extended objects called strings, rather than the zero-dimensional point particles that form the basis for the Standard Model of particle physics. The phrase is often used as shorthand for Superstring theory, as well as related theories such as M-theory. String theorists are attempting to adjust the Standard Model by removing the assumption in quantum mechanics that particles are point-like. By removing this assumption and replacing the point-like particles with strings, a sensible quantum theory of gravity seems to naturally emerge. Moreover, string theory attempts to "unify" the known natural forces (gravitational, electromagnetic, weak nuclear and strong nuclear) by describing them with the same set of equations.

For a scientific theory to be valid it must be verified experimentally. Few avenues for such contact with experiment have been claimed. With the construction of the Large Hadron Collider in CERN some scientists hope to produce relevant data. It is generally expected though that any theory of quantum gravity would require much higher energies to probe.

Another potential problem is that it is not a theory that is tightly constrained. There are different versions of string theory, depending on factors such as whether supersymmetry is incorporated into the formulation. These versions are thought to be related to each other as different limits of one theory, coined M-theory. There is a huge number of possible solutions to string theory as it is currently understood. Thus it has been claimed by some scientists that string theory may not be falsifiable and may have no predictive power.

Studies of string theory have revealed that it predicts higher-dimensional objects called branes. String theory strongly suggests the existence of ten or eleven (in M-theory) spacetime dimensions, as opposed to the usual four (three spatial and one temporal) used in relativity theory; however the theory can describe universes with four effective (observable) spacetime dimensions by a variety of methods.

An important branch of the field is dealing with a conjectured duality between string theory as a theory of gravity and gauge theory. It is hoped that research in this direction will lead to new insights on quantum chromodynamics, the fundamental theory of strong nuclear force. This direction of research has better hopes to make contact with experiment, compared to string theory as a quantum theory of gravity, though currently the alternative, Lattice QCD, is doing a much better job and has already made contact with experiments at various fields with good results, though the computations are numerical rather than analytic.

M:)

Jul 22, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    You misunderstand string theory. String theory is a model of fundamental physics whose building blocks are one-dimensional extended objects called strings, rather than the zero-dimensional point particles that form the basis for the Standard Model of particle physics. The phrase is often used as shorthand for Superstring theory, as well as related theories such as M-theory. String theorists are attempting to adjust the Standard Model by removing the assumption in quantum mechanics that particles are point-like. By removing this assumption and replacing the point-like particles with strings, a sensible quantum theory of gravity seems to naturally emerge. Moreover, string theory attempts to "unify" the known natural forces (gravitational, electromagnetic, weak nuclear and strong nuclear) by describing them with the same set of equations.

For a scientific theory to be valid it must be verified experimentally. Few avenues for such contact with experiment have been claimed. With the construction of the Large Hadron Collider in CERN some scientists hope to produce relevant data. It is generally expected though that any theory of quantum gravity would require much higher energies to probe.

Another potential problem is that it is not a theory that is tightly constrained. There are different versions of string theory, depending on factors such as whether or not supersymmetry is incorporated into the formulation. These versions are thought to be related to each other as different limits of one theory, coined M-theory. There is a huge number of possible solutions to string theory as it is currently understood. Thus it has been claimed by some scientists that string theory may not be falsifiable and may have no predictive power.

Studies of string theory have revealed that it predicts higher-dimensional objects called branes. String theory strongly suggests the existence of ten or eleven (in M-theory) spacetime dimensions, as opposed to the usual four (three spatial and one temporal) used in relativity theory; however the theory can describe universes with four effective (observable) spacetime dimensions by a variety of methods.

An important branch of the field is dealing with a conjectured duality between string theory as a theory of gravity and gauge theory. It is hoped that research in this direction will lead to new insights on quantum chromodynamics, the fundamental theory of strong nuclear force. This direction of research has better hopes to make contact with experiment, compared to string theory as a quantum theory of gravity, though currently the alternative, Lattice QCD, is doing a much better job and has already made contact with experiments at various fields with good results, though the computations are numerical rather than analytic.

M:)
    Morganite thanks for the motivational advice. :rolleyes:
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Is50% good+50% evil=God? I ask this because every thing has an opposite answer this I am confused.

If you try to define God there is no way you can do this either in theory or in fact.
    When you try to set boundaries around God and say that He is only this and only that you cannot do it.
    Percentage is a human thing and God has infinite qualities and they cannot be termed as good or bad.
    For those who do not believe in a God there is no need for a definition

And for those who do believe,God Almighty is
    The Most Wise,Most Just, He is the sustainer, The Provider,He is self sufficient, He is the Knower of the unseen and the visible; He is the All-Merciful, the All-Compassionate, He is the King, the Guardian of Faith, the All-Preserver, the All-Mighty, the All-Compeller, the All-Sublime,He is Everlasting etc
    And you cannot define such terms in Percentage.

Jul 22, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    If you try to define God there is no way you can do this either in theory or in fact.
    When you try to set boundaries around God and say that He is only this and only that you cannot do it.
    Percentage is a human thing and God has infinite qualities and they cannot be termed as good or bad.
    For those who do not believe in a God there is no need for a definition

and for those who do believe,God Almighty is
    the Most Wise,Most Just, He is the sustainer, The Provider,He is self sufficient, He is the Knower of the unseen and the visible; He is the All-Merciful, the All-Compassionate, He is the King, the Guardian of Faith, the All-Preserver, the All-Mighty, the All-Compeller, the All-Sublime,He is Everlasting etc
    and you cannot define such terms in Percentage.

Firmbeliever: I agree, If you are meaning God starts from infinate (0) to infiniti, which encompess the full spectrum of infinty. I also would like to note that from infiniate Zero to exactly 49.999 it represents negative satan. From 50 to infiniti, represents positive God. However from 49.999 to 50, there is a bonding agent, that is unbreakable. For example there is no normal man, without infinate evil and infinate good combined... Please don't let us not talk about what is hoped for, as your acceptance of real truth. :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Evil desires [ 10 Answers ]

I have been a self mutilator for about 10 years (I'm 22), I have been married for 17 months and have not cut myself since a little while before. I am also 35 weeks pregnant. My husband and I barely have a relationship because all he does is sit on his computer and tonight I caught my husband...

My home is evil? [ 25 Answers ]

I live with my partner in our new home, an apartment in aberdeen scotland near a river. When we moved in it was great but we soon noticed some very abnormal things. The taps would just come on, items would fly off the shelfs and electrical appliances would turn off and on. We just laughed it...

Evil old navy... [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song in the new old navy commercial "spring loves stripes". A woman sings it and the chorus goes " daddio, daddio" a few times... Its stuck in my head for hours after I see the commercial so I figure it would make sense for me to at least know...

Hydroquinone - good or evil? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been reading through some of the posts in the skin lightening forum and I read a lot of people dislike "hydroquinone". I was just wondering if anyone could explain what's wrong with hydroquinone. My dermatologist recommended it to me for my acne scars and it seems to work fine. But if it's...

Evil spyware [ 6 Answers ]

I have decided to run some tests of the main spyware removal tools: Adaware, spybot, xoftspy, Micro$oft AS, trend housecall, etc. So what do you consider the worest spy/ad/malware out there? Also are there any other tools I should try? :D

View more questions Search