Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Freethinka Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Is 50% good + 50% evil=God?
    Is50% good+50% evil=God? I ask this because every thing has an opposite answer this I am confused.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Nope... God is 100% good. The devil is 100% bad. Of course the devil twists things to make them seem like 50% good & bad are God but they are not.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:21 PM
    For mankind, there are two opposites that dwell in man's nature. The positive and the negative. Everyone has the ability to be good or not. It is their free will that makes the decisions. God gave man the free will. But in God, there is NO duality of good and evil. God is all good. Ever since God cast out Lucifer and his followers out of Heaven, Lucifer has made it his work to undermine every work of God and God's people.

Jul 16, 2007, 12:24 PM
    God is an ultimate positive force, satan is the ultimate negative force, like a battery, nothing works unless the two are working. Somebody show me different
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Well, what is it you want to hear then?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 12:30 PM
    No, God is 100% good, 100% righteous and 100% just - and God is not a battery.

Jul 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Canada sweetie, you speak of the full 100% God +the full 100% satan= the all mighty god, you were right on; when you mentioned, the 100% God + satan...
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 12:33 PM
    I'm confused... could you explain in more detail?. And I'm sorry but I've been rather slow today.Hahaha

Jul 16, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Canada sweetie you need as much of day as night, as much as wrong as right inhale as much as exhale. Now think about the battery.
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
    I get what you're saying now. Wow.. I am super slow today.. haha
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jul 16, 2007, 12:44 PM
    God kills children accourding to the bible. So the only answer that makes sense is that god is 100% good.
    PixieMama Posts: 68, Reputation: 8

Jul 16, 2007, 12:46 PM
    "good" and "bad" are relative terms though. If "murder" is killing another living being, and your God declares murder to be a sin, and going into another country and killing their people is murder (after all, God doesn't distinguish between killing for "good reason" or because someone wronged you or your president told you to, or someone did something you believe to be terribly wrong - taking anothers life, for any reason is murder) - those who fight wars are still murdering other people, even if they do it "in God's name"... Where do you blur the lines? Is this good? Or is it bad?

I believe in the duality of all things and that for all things there exists a polar opposite. But don't you believe that your God is the creator of all things? Which would make ALL things a part of God, right? That would include that "God" made "Satan"... so in essence, good & evil are two different degrees of the same thing. "Satan" would be a part of "God" and how can "God" not love any of her children?

I'm sure many will disagree and that's fine. But that is how it makes sense to me. The polarity game.

Jul 16, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Speechlesstx the battery analogy is a metaphur. Could good and evil be separated. Could the poles of a natural magnet be separated?

Pixie mama, you are right on the spot with your thoughts. Good doesn't work without evil. In fact the thin line that separate them cannot be seen by hubble telescope.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinka
    Speechlesstx the battery analogy is a metaphur. could good and evil be separated. could the poles of a natural magnet be separated?
    Freethinka, God does not operate according to the natural laws of physics - He created them. :D
    -

Jul 16, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Very true speechlesstx. God is something that requires more then scientific proof, He requires faith. But what Freethinka means is that is there any possibility that evil can be taken out of the good... or at least that's what I'm getting. And if that is what Freethinka means then yes, evil and good will be separated one day. For now though, they are co-mingle on Earth until the rapture comes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Of course Freethika does not really want to know anything, only cause trouble, but of course trying to ask a question where they know the answer only to try and bait others with questions that can not be easily answered since it all requires faith and belief.

But God is godd, all good, but man and all other things have evil in and around them. God has no evil.

As for as killing and death, there is of course a difference stated in the bible between killing and murder.
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Jul 16, 2007, 02:51 PM
    It's a yin yang deal. You can't have good without evil, how would you benchmark what is good if you had nothing evil to compare it to? Same works vice versa.

Think of god as the ultimate embodiment of good, and the devil as evil incarnate.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Jul 16, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Do you mean God is only called good because there is evil? Like we refer to water as hot, cold, and worm. Water is hot because it is not cold. Water is cold because it is not hot. If water was all one temperature, we would not refer to it's temperature. So, if there were no evil, we would not call God good. We would just call God... God. Is that what you are getting at?
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jul 16, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Forget the battery and read the bible instead, you are trying to figure out God which is impossible.

Jul 17, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Freethinka, God does not operate according to the natural laws of physics - He created them. :D
    Speechlesstx, natural law is God, is what I hope you are tryin' to say, if you turn this around, the other way, it is a lie, then, a book was written, to explain how God created the universe. Think... If nature isn't God how could you live without it...

Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    Forget the battery and read the bible instead, you are trying to figure out God which is impossible.
    Marily If trying to figure out god is impossible, I see why faith, prayers and believing, have to all be parts, of the concoction to believe what is written in the bible, is it, valid. If Freethinka cannot figure out who is God, How could the writers of the bible figure out who is God. Is it true Martin Luther, heretic translated the King james version of the bible, on a diet of worms when imprisoned by the then king for not accepting the writings to be true. Wasn't this a fact?.

Marily; are you going to answer Freethinka. I will be waiting

Marily I assume You are filled with the holy ghost, and know satan well, if not what do you say otherwise?

Marily is your holy ghost, as holy, as your holy devil? Please give me the honest drop dead truth, or nothing at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Evil desires [ 10 Answers ]

I have been a self mutilator for about 10 years (I'm 22), I have been married for 17 months and have not cut myself since a little while before. I am also 35 weeks pregnant. My husband and I barely have a relationship because all he does is sit on his computer and tonight I caught my husband...

My home is evil? [ 25 Answers ]

I live with my partner in our new home, an apartment in aberdeen scotland near a river. When we moved in it was great but we soon noticed some very abnormal things. The taps would just come on, items would fly off the shelfs and electrical appliances would turn off and on. We just laughed it...

Evil old navy... [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song in the new old navy commercial "spring loves stripes". A woman sings it and the chorus goes " daddio, daddio" a few times... Its stuck in my head for hours after I see the commercial so I figure it would make sense for me to at least know...

Hydroquinone - good or evil? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been reading through some of the posts in the skin lightening forum and I read a lot of people dislike "hydroquinone". I was just wondering if anyone could explain what's wrong with hydroquinone. My dermatologist recommended it to me for my acne scars and it seems to work fine. But if it's...

Evil spyware [ 6 Answers ]

I have decided to run some tests of the main spyware removal tools: Adaware, spybot, xoftspy, Micro$oft AS, trend housecall, etc. So what do you consider the worest spy/ad/malware out there? Also are there any other tools I should try? :D

View more questions Search