Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    the questioneer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Leak under carpeted slab by bathroom door - does slab have to be ripped up?
    Could the leak be caused from something else? There is no water on bathroom floor, but could it be the toilet seal? Or a clogged vent backing up water or sewer? Help, we don't have much money and need answers fast.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 16, 2007, 11:57 AM
    I think we really need a better description of what is happening and how the room is constructed. Could you provide more info? If it were a toilet seal the dampness would be right at the toilet. A bad vent would cause bubbling or slow draining but not moisture on the floor unless the vent is cracked.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 16, 2007, 12:46 PM
    First off we have to find out what's leaking. Pump or city water? Do we have a pressure or a drainage leak? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slab leak under my bathtub [ 4 Answers ]

I have a slab leak under my bathtub. I do not know what is really going on. I called my home warranty and they sent out a plumber. The plumber told me that it is coming from my bathtub and that I will need to take out the tub, then they will be able to fix the slab leak for over 800 dollars. I...

Under slab leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have looked at several entries on slab leaks. But a couple of questions remain. What does a leak detection firm charge - ball park only of course? I see that a listening device is used to locate the leak, can I replicate this myself? After they have found the leak - I will have to get through...

Leak Under Concrete Slab [ 3 Answers ]

I found out that I have a water leak under my slab floor. Apparantely the leak is between the shutoff out in the yard and the meter(which is located in the hallway utility closet). I hear water gurgling in my ductwork which is also in the slab. Called local plumber and he says I'm looking at...

Under slab pipe leak [ 2 Answers ]

How do I locate the leak in a pipe that is under a concrete slab?

Under slab leak [ 1 Answers ]

Hot water pipe is leaking under slab. How do you break the ceramic tiles and the concrete to fix the pipe:

View more questions Search