Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitty07 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2005, 01:28 PM
    New Puppy
    I have a 6yr old dog (scrappy) a kitten (tuxeda) and a cat (amber) and I just got a new 3 month old shepherd mix (kaden). Scrappy gets along fine with Kaden but my cats won't come downstairs how can I get them used to the new addition to the family? Its only been 2 days so maybe they just need time but if you have any suggestions please give them thank you.
    Kissychks Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2005, 07:04 AM
    I don't have cats, but I do have a 13 year old Schnauzer who is cranky and set in her ways. When we brought a new dog home, it took her two weeks to finally warm up to him. If your new pup is very playful and active, the cats may be a little afraid of him. I would say give it some time.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 20, 2005, 09:26 PM
    Don’t push it, they will adjust, it took a week or so for our cats to come down stairs when we brought our dog home. The younger cat took to the dog okay after a few weeks, the older cat still dislikes Miss Piggy greatly and occasionally slices and dices the dog. We have had miss piggy for about a 1 ½ years now. They all get along to a degree as long as the dog does not over step the kitty boundaries. The younger cat loves the dog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy won't eat [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 13 week old Dachshund and Monday she started acting like she wasn't feeling well, by this morning she hadn't eaten or drank anything so I took her to the vet. They put 150cc's of fluid subcutaneously and gave her a shot of antibiotic, the thought was she may have a bladder infection...

New Puppy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I have an eight week old dachshund puppy that I've had for three days. This moring I noticed a very small amount of blood in her stool that she passed at the very end. How serious is this? Thank you, Kelly

Puppy [ 2 Answers ]

We have took in a stray puppy so we do not know all of her habits, we took her to the Vet right away because she had ticks & flea all over her when she wondered into my husbands work. The vet gave her shots, and said she is about 8 weeks old. My questions her skin is very hot to the touch on her...

New puppy! [ 6 Answers ]

So, my husband and I got a new puppy. He's a Basset Hound, and he's five months old. Annie (our 10 month old lab) is having a lot of fun with him. We bought him from a pet store. We've been trying to find a new dog at the shelter, but we've never been able to find the 'right' one. I feel like...

When is a puppy not a puppy anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

Our Lhasa is now 10 months old. As a puppy we have had food available pretty much at all times, but maybe he's getting past that now, and for his weight should maybe only be fed about a cup to a cup and a half of his dog meal a day. We have been using Wysong, by the way, and it seems to have a...

View more questions Search